Ph To Implement Mandatory Evacuation In Japan

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There are those of us, myself included, who just do not understand Philippine society. This news story is more what I would have expected from one of the old Communist Bloc countries than a modern democracy. I mean who tells there citizens that they MUST come back to their own country. Not recommended, not suggested, not asked if they are going to relocate from the danger zone but mandatory repatriation. If there was a disaster in the Philippines and my country told me I MUST come back then I would tell them to get stuffed. However, if they offered to help I would really appreciate it.PH to implement mandatory evacuation in Japan

. . .“With this information and upon instruction of (President Benigno Aquino), we are initiating action to repatriate on a mandatory basis Filipinos who are within the 50-kilometer radius of the Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Power Plant,” the Department of Foreign Affairs said Tuesday.“As a precautionary measure, the Philippines would additionally be declaring a voluntary repatriation for those from a 50-kilometer to 100-kilometer radius,” it added.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
There are those of us, myself included, who just do not understand Philippine society. This news story is more what I would have expected from one of the old Communist Bloc countries than a modern democracy. I mean who tells there citizens that they MUST come back to their own country. Not recommended, not suggested, not asked if they are going to relocate from the danger zone but mandatory repatriation. If there was a disaster in the Philippines and my country told me I MUST come back then I would tell them to get stuffed. However, if they offered to help I would really appreciate it.PH to implement mandatory evacuation in Japan
. . .“With this information and upon instruction of (President Benigno Aquino), we are initiating action to repatriate on a mandatory basis Filipinos who are within the 50-kilometer radius of the Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Power Plant,” the Department of Foreign Affairs said Tuesday.“As a precautionary measure, the Philippines would additionally be declaring a voluntary repatriation for those from a 50-kilometer to 100-kilometer radius,” it added.
Dave do you think “they” mean OFW’s only? That I can understand but to require all Filipino citizens who are living or lived in the zone to depart is very odd. I am sure those married with children would simply move with their Japanese husbands to a safe location. Am I missing something? Edited by Old55

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Well, one would just have to move outside of the 100 kilometer radius and not be affected by the Philippine mandatory repatriation if one does not want to return to the Philippines! What's waiting for them back in the Philippines anyways, but misery and unemployment! If I were a Filipino in Japan, I would take my chances in staying in Japan and hope to have a better chance of survival rather than in the Philippines with no prospects or assistance of any kind! Japan would probably be a better provider of help and assistance when it comes to caring for the earthquake/tsunami disaster victims including Filipinos who have resided and worked in Japan for many years, which they now consider Japan their home!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
. . . If I were a Filipino in Japan, I would take my chances in staying in Japan and hope to have a better chance of survival rather than in the Philippines with no prospects or assistance of any kind! Japan would probably be a better provider of help and assistance when it comes to caring for the earthquake/tsunami disaster victims including Filipinos who have resided and worked in Japan for many years, which they now consider Japan their home!
That's what I was thinking too. Who will help those people in the Philippines if they develop some radiation sickness? Who will pay the hospital bills or buy the medicines? Who even has the expertise to deal with it?Definitely, if I was a Filipino in Japan I would trust the Japanese to take responsibility for the disaster and treat any ailments that come of it. Edited by Dave Hounddriver