Task Force To Go After Aussie Trader's Killers - Report

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
http://www.gmanews.tv/story/142930/Task-fo...illers---report <H1 style="MARGIN: 0px 0px 2px">01/07/2008Task force to go after Aussie trader's killersPolice in Iloilo province have formed a task force to go after at least three suspected robbers who killed an Australian trader in Ajuy town, a radio report said Wednesday.Radio dzBB's Iloilo affiliate reported that provincial police chief Senior Superintendent Ricardo dela Paz formed "Task Force Werner" to go after the suspects.Australian trader Werner Holz, 62, was found dead inside his house in Ajuy town early Tuesday, with 26 stab wounds in different parts of the body.Initial investigation showed three masked men armed with handguns broke into the victim's house and tied him and wife Vivian up.The men took some P1 million in cash and jewelry after ransacking the house and opening the safety vault. - GMANews.TV </H1>

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
http://www.gmanews.tv/story/142930/Task-fo...illers---report <H1 style="MARGIN: 0px 0px 2px">01/07/2008Task force to go after Aussie trader's killersPolice in Iloilo province have formed a task force to go after at least three suspected robbers who killed an Australian trader in Ajuy town, a radio report said Wednesday.Radio dzBB's Iloilo affiliate reported that provincial police chief Senior Superintendent Ricardo dela Paz formed "Task Force Werner" to go after the suspects.Australian trader Werner Holz, 62, was found dead inside his house in Ajuy town early Tuesday, with 26 stab wounds in different parts of the body.Initial investigation showed three masked men armed with handguns broke into the victim's house and tied him and wife Vivian up.The men took some P1 million in cash and jewelry after ransacking the house and opening the safety vault. - GMANews.TV </H1>
These type of murders seem to be increasing,not worth the risk of running a business in the Philippines.The story did not say what happened to his wife?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

IMO, Expats should definitely keep a low profile and not run a business in the Philippines that makes a lot of money, because their chances of getting killed, or at the very least robbed, goes up exponentially with the amount of money they earn. As for the wife, since they did not say, I would guess that she is alive and well, and since they killed the husband and stabbed him 26 times, which sure seems like a crime of passion or someone very pissed off who killed him, and it would sure seem to follow that they should have killed the wife, because she might be able to identify them and later on press charges, so I hate to say this because I do not know the wife, I can only speculate, but at this point, I would have to guess that it was her friends or bf'. This would not be the first time that something like that happened, we can only hope that if my speculation is correct, that whoever did it gets caught and spills the beans.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I was wondering about that too. Sounds like an inside job to me. Unless the news is wrong again(does that ever happen) and they are both dead.