Background Check On Foreign Tourists Entering Cebu Urged

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Once again, one or two pieces of garbage foreigners may be the cause of more headaches for us good foreigners. IMO this could be a good proposal in some ways, because I would prefer the trash never get into the Philippines in the first place, but only Cebu, that sure is dumb. This will no doubt be a cluster screw once again, but I would bet that it is just one more way for them to make more money off us. How much will they charge for this? It should get interesting if this passes. I will bet there will be lots of houses for rent right after it passes because background checks for all foreigners will follow. The Provincial Board of Cebu has urged the Bureau of Immigration to conduct background check on every foreign tourist who enters Cebu as part of the province's fight against human trafficking and sexual abuses.This should be interesting and I will bet it will cut down on tourism HERE

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

And it's not as if only foreigners are guilty of such crimes. Many natives are as guilty.When I go to renew my visa there is a background check done then...seems like another bullsh&t idea.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

th_thholysheep.gifWill anyone really leave Cebu if this is implemented?SugarwareZ-034.gifWill tourists also not go to Cebu anymore? If that happens, Cebu government officials will probably back track their steps carefully for their economy's sake!

Edited by Art2ro

Jake
Posted
Posted
And it's not as if only foreigners are guilty of such crimes. Many natives are as guilty.When I go to renew my visa there is a background check done then...seems like another bullsh&t idea.
Hey guys,I believe every point of entry should conduct background checks, not just Mactan International. What is the percentage of dirt bags anyway? Could it be only 10%, one out ten will be denied entry. And how will they conduct the background check? Do they have access to the massive data base from Interpol? And last but not least, how do you "ungrease" the greasy hands?Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Prior to a tourist visa being approved and renewed, yes a check is made if one has any offenses on file or black listed for any reasons in the BI data base and if there aren't any derogatory comments on file, the BI will reissue a new visa and a letter of compliance stating there are no warrants against the tourist visa holder!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Prior to a tourist visa being approved and renewed, yes a check is made if one has any offenses on file or black listed for any reasons in the BI data base and if there aren't any derogatory comments on file, the BI will reissue a new visa and a letter of compliance stating there are no warrants against the tourist visa holder!
The problem will be lines of tourists slowly wait to get an emigration visa stamp after 24 or more hours of traveling another incentive for "real" tourists to avoid Philippines.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
The problem will be lines of tourists slowly wait to get an emigration visa stamp after 24 or more hours of traveling another incentive for "real" tourists to avoid Philippines.
Why just the Philippines? Take a Spanish language course! Tourists can do well in countries like Mexico, Panama, Nicaragua or any of the other Spanish speaking countries! We would probably do that if the Philippines don't appeal to us anymore or just move back to the U.S. as a last resort! At least, we all have options!