Worker Arrested Over 15 Sacks Of Charcoal

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I found this article interesting. Apparently you need a permit to transport charcoal? I am sure it must be for transporting over a certain quantity. Still, I see it as another law or regulation a foreigner would not have thought about. Possession of the gun is another mater that needs no discussion. http://www.philstar....bCategoryId=107 CEBU, Philippines - A worker of the Cebu Provincial Government was apprehended after he was caught transporting 15 sacks of charcoal without permit at around 11: 30 a.m. in Barangay Poblacion, Tabuelan Cebu last Tuesday. Efren Flores, 39, married, a resident of Villagonzalo, Tejero, Cebu City and assigned at the Tuburan District Hospital, was caught during a checkpoint. He had with him in his red multicab the sacks of charcoal estimated to cost P1,500 that were not covered with a permit to transport from the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. Moreover, police found in plain view a 38 caliber, which they also confiscated as Flores did not have a permit to carry firearms. Flores is now in the custody of the Tabuelan Police Station. The sacks of charcoal were turned over to DENR. Capitol consultant on security matters, Ret. Col. Cesar Veloso, said he already forwarded the pertinent documents of the government-issued firearm of Flores. Veloso also clarified that Flores is not a member of the Civil Security Unit (CSU) as reported. He is a utility worker designated as security guard at the Tuburan District Hospital, which is run by the Provincial Government. Upon learning of the incident, Provincial Administrator Eduardo Habin said he will conduct administrative proceedings against Flores. Habin told The FREEMAN that the Committee on Discipline and Investigation will find out the extent of Flores’ violation and will recommend action to Governor Gwendolyn Garcia. — (FREEMAN)

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Deforestation is a huge problem. The arrest has to do with illegal logging.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that info. It interests me because sacks of charcoal, 'uling', are almost half price a short distance from here. I have often driven a half hour away to pick up a few things that would include a sack of charcoal. I have wondered about selling some to neighbors or friends to make the trip worthwhile. Good thing I am lazy or I might have been stopped with a few sacks in my pick up truck.Does anyone know the specifics of the law or other cases?