Has Anyone Been To Cadiz

Mavrick
Posted
Posted

Has anyone been to Cadiz?What is like?Is it safe?Can you live there?

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Cadiz is at the North end of Negros Island. From Bacolod air or sea port it is about 65k. It is not a large city but rather a small town. They do have colleges and universities as well as good shopping the same as most towns in the provinces. As for safety, just like as described in other parts of the forum, safety is very subjective. For me, I had no safety issues in Cadiz. But then again, I have had no safety issues any where i the Philippines. But, I will have to add, there are many more places I have not been than I have visited. Maybe somewhere things will change. I hope not.danny

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Safety is really a matter of perception anywhere in the Philippines, or the world for that matter. Like all predators, criminals pray on those they feel that they are superior to, and can therefore get away with their crime, so if you are self confident and act that way, then a person should be safe almost anywhere in the Philippines with the possible exception of the a ARMM. Of course the deeper into any mountain wooded region, the more likely you will be to run into people who are carrying machine guns, and no man is a match for a bunch of men with those IMHO, at least not when, and if they are trained on him. Stay in the main town areas proper, be with people who know there way around, and that you can trust, and take taxis as much as possible until you know your way around. Criminals can spot a new person, or a person who does not know there way around, so always act like you are totally comfortable in your environment, and you should then have no problems, and if you do, then do not resist unless you are 100% certain that you can take the one you are dealing with and any of his friends who will also be somewhere there, because they always work in teams here, and while the guy robbing you may have only a knife, his two or three friends standing quite a ways away will have guns, and that is because gun crime will have a much stiffer penalty and possibly end up costing them their lives in a shootout, and from what I have seen, they also do not like playing all their cards at once.

Mavrick
Posted
Posted

Thanks that is great info. I have been down some rough streets here but that is not over there.