Cagayan De Oro Could Be The Next Happening Place

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

As many of you already know, I have spent a lot of time over the years visiting CDO and traveling to Bukidnon from CDO and back, because that is where I met my wife, and because most of her family is in Mindanao, so we have family reunions when we visit. So what is my point, in the last 20 plus years not much has really happened here in CDO or in the parts of Mindanao that we have traveled through over the years. Yes there has been a rebuilt Limketki Mall and yes they built a SM mall up by the airport, if you can call it a mall, and if you can really call it an airport, but on this trip we saw the first real changes. An Ayala Mall which will include a hotel and which will cover a whole block, is starting to be built, and not far away are two new hotels that have recently been built and look pretty nice. All this is happening across from Guisano City Mall, so that area is starting the process of urban renewal, so I can not see good things for the future of a city that has otherwise basically stood still in time. Mark my words, within 10 years or less, CDO will be on its way to be another Cebu. Just one reason I believe the above to be true is, CDO has much newer taxis over all than Cebu has, and in fact there are hardly any old taxis running here. Another is that CDO is booming lately with new housing projects and condos going up. Traffic has been growing for years and infrastructure is being built with a new bridge built to relieve traffic and roads being repaired. Anyone have an opinion on if they think I am correct or wrong on this?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I think you are correct Lee. I have only visited once but our friend lives above the city so I did not spend much time there. They have a very nice mall downtown, the mall near the airport is OK. Some friends say CDO property is a good investment now lots of development going on. A new airport will open soon too.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I think you are correct Lee. I have only visited once but our friend lives above the city so I did not spend much time there. They have a very nice mall downtown, the mall near the airport is OK. Some friends say CDO property is a good investment now lots of development going on. A new airport will open soon too.
Yes thanks, I forgot to mention the new international airport being built, but it has made no progress in the last two years that I could see from the air while arriving, so I have to wonder just how long it is going to take to build that thing? :unsure:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Yes thanks, I forgot to mention the new international airport being built, but it has made no progress in the last two years that I could see from the air while arriving, so I have to wonder just how long it is going to take to build that thing? :unsure:
Figure most of the money gone for SUV's and snacks.