Teen gives birth to quadruplets

News Reader
Posted
Posted

A 17-year-old girl from this city gave birth to quadruplets on Sunday at a government hospital in Iloilo City, but one of the babies died hours after birth.View the full article

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

This happens all too often here and unfortunately is another of the negative messages that others hear about the Philippines, which does not give a full picture of the Philippines. It would be good to see posts, or articles daily of some of the good, or beautiful things/people here.Maybe that is something that I can do, create a blog of positive things/people happening daily in the Philippines.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
This happens all too often here and unfortunately is another of the negative messages that others hear about the Philippines, which does not give a full picture of the Philippines. It would be good to see posts, or articles daily of some of the good, or beautiful things/people here.Maybe that is something that I can do, create a blog of positive things/people happening daily in the Philippines.
Other than one of the baby's dieing I dont see anything negative about the story,its not uncommon for babies to die in multipliable birth situations.89.gif

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

On Tuesday, the babies’ grandfather said the teenage mother was first brought to the Roxas Memorial Provincial Hospital on Friday for a checkup. .... #1 THIS Means/implies the child(under age 18). did not seek or have ANY Prenatal care until this time . if she is now 17yo, and 7 months in her term. could this mean she was only 16 &...x..number of months when she conceived.The teenage mother’s family sent her for an ultrasound to find out why her womb was unusually large. The ultrasound results, however, initially showed only three babies in the young mother’s womb.Another relative said the family of the teenage mother were surprised when four boys came out of her womb, instead of three as shown in the ultrasound results# 2. When an Ultrasound is done, sometimes a infant is hidden by another( meaning not shown) The teenage mother and her babies are still at the WVMC. Officials of Roxas City extended help to her, promising to pay for her hospital bills and subsidize the expenses needed to care for the babies.# 3, The Officials state they will "promise" to help her for her bills & "subsidize" the expenses for these 3 infants..HOW long will this "help" last? many times it seems "people" forget (memory syndrome loss). this young mother has perhaps has no college or marketable work skills. would it been helpful to offer her a "skill or trade" so she can support on her own.i have heard a saying if you give a man a fish he can his family will eat. if you give him a fishing pole.he will be able to feed/support his family . i hope that this "teenager' will have the strong support of her family & the "promises" made to her will be kept. as raising 3 infants/babies/children will be VERY HARD :unsure:(late addition), its ashame that the mother/father didnt have some kind of talk w/her .regarding the"basic" facts of life.perhaps she would been more responsible when she became "active" w/her bf.

Edited by ed villas

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
Other than one of the baby's dieing I dont see anything negative about the story,its not uncommon for babies to die in multipliable birth situations.89.gif
I guess for me I was thinking if she is 17 when gives birth, then she was likely 16 when sexually active, which by itself, I know even in the UK is not unusual, however in the UK she is likely to have had an abortion so is not likely to have made the newspapers having quadruplets. Maybe I am starting to get too sensitive about what peoples impressions are of The Philippines and Filipina!Death rates at birth in the Philippines is one of the highest in the world.