Weird Advertisement In The Newspaper Here

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I could not believe what I was reading when I saw this ad in a number of newspapers hereAn American is looking for...* a wife to marry* someone sincere who is 18-25 years old* sincere* petite*able top relocate to the United States* who is serious about marryingPlease contact 0926-***-****So I cannot believe that anyone would pay to place an ad in a newspaper when the ladies are all over the place and so easy to meet. In fact I would bet this guy gets more scammers than he gets real women with his ad, but I am going to have to contact him to ask how his ad worked out because this is a new one on me.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

He might just BE the scammer. I know a guy who goes around offering girls marriage and a 'better life' and then suggesting they try moving in together as a trial run. Of course each one get kicked out after 3 days, yet he still insists, to me, that he is seriously looking but none of these girls work out. Every girl he tries is exactly the same type, age, size etc and it seems to me that stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.How does this relate to the opener? Well 'Joe' runs out of candidates after a while and resorts to the Internet to find more. If he is having a slow week on the Internet I could see him being the one to place that ad but I have no knowledge that it is he.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
He might just BE the scammer. I know a guy who goes around offering girls marriage and a 'better life' and then suggesting they try moving in together as a trial run. Of course each one get kicked out after 3 days, yet he still insists, to me, that he is seriously looking but none of these girls work out. Every girl he tries is exactly the same type, age, size etc and it seems to me that stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.How does this relate to the opener? Well 'Joe' runs out of candidates after a while and resorts to the Internet to find more. If he is having a slow week on the Internet I could see him being the one to place that ad but I have no knowledge that it is he.
Sadly this came to mind for me too.