Bi Reminds Foreigners To Make Annual Report

Steve
Posted
Posted
http://immigration.gov.ph//index.php?optio...6&Itemid=78BI reminds foreigners to make ANNUAL REPORT 31 December 2008The Bureau of Immigration (BI) reminded yesterday all resident foreign nationals in the country that they have only until this March 1, 2009 to report in person to the bureau their presence in the country, lest they face deportation for being improperly documented aliens.Immigration Commissioner Marcelino Libanan said the annual reporting of foreigners, which will start on January 2, is provided under Sec. 10 of the alien registration act of 1950 and applies to all aliens who are holders of immigrant or non-immigrant visas. Libanan said the act requires foreigners to report to the BI within the first 60 days of every calendar year.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Here is yet another example of how the Philippine government makes it hard for foreigners to live in their country...... They make foreigners come in once a year...... While I do not have a problem with them making foreigners appear once a year and I wish the US had the same law, they should make it easier by opening a booth in a local mall.........and IMHO things like this should be reciprocal, and if Filipinos in another country are given certain privileges, then foreigners in the Philippines should be given the same privileges as how their citizens are treated when in those respective countries. Example is, in the US, a conditional alien card is good for two yeas and a permanent alien card is good for 10 years before they have to renew it and it would be nice if the Philippines would take those facts into account. :1247: Also, foreigners in the US are given the chance to become US citizens after only 3 years when married to a citizen off the US and 5 years when on their own. Now wouldn't it be nice if the Philippines would be reciprocal on that too. :th_noproblem:

wallyperrier
Posted
Posted

is philippines not against us??

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
http://immigration.gov.ph//index.php?optio...6&Itemid=78BI reminds foreigners to make ANNUAL REPORT 31 December 2008The Bureau of Immigration (BI) reminded yesterday all resident foreign nationals in the country that they have only until this March 1, 2009 to report in person to the bureau their presence in the country, lest they face deportation for being improperly documented aliens.Immigration Commissioner Marcelino Libanan said the annual reporting of foreigners, which will start on January 2, is provided under Sec. 10 of the alien registration act of 1950 and applies to all aliens who are holders of immigrant or non-immigrant visas. Libanan said the act requires foreigners to report to the BI within the first 60 days of every calendar year."Any foreigner who fails to make the annual report can either be fined or subjected to deportation proceedings for violating the country's alien registration laws," the BI chief warned.Libanan said foreigners can make their annual report at the BI main office in Intramuros, Manila or any of its satellite offices in Metro Manila.Those living in the provinces may report to the nearest BI field office or sub-port office in their areas, he added.BI alien registration chief Danilo Almeda said foreigners making the annual report should bring with them their I-Cards as well as the official receipt of the annual report fee they paid the previous year.The I-Card replaced the paper-based alien certificate of registration (ACR) which foreigners used to present to the BI when making their annual report.Almeda said an annual report fee of P300 and P10 legal research fee shall be paid by each foreigner to the cashier of the bureau.As for aliens who are below 14 years of age or 65 years old and above, Almeda said it shall be the duty of their parents or legal guardians or representatives to make the report on their behalf.He also advised foreigners to go directly to the cashier's office and pay their fees so they would not to be victimized by unscrupulous fixers.Almeda explained that foreigners who are holders of any visa, except temporary visitors, are required to make the annual report. (BI News)
Gee what a pain in the backside,what is the purpose of reporting to the headmaster every year?At least Mike will be fine, his guardian can appear for him :th_noproblem:

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Here is yet another example of how the Philippine government makes it hard for foreigners to live in their country...... They make foreigners come in once a year...... While I do not have a problem with them making foreigners appear once a year and I wish the US had the same law, they should make it easier by opening a booth in a local mall.........and IMHO things like this should be reciprocal, and if Filipinos in another country are given certain privileges, then foreigners in the Philippines should be given the same privileges as how their citizens are treated when in those respective countries. Example is, in the US, a conditional alien card is good for two yeas and a permanent alien card is good for 10 years before they have to renew it and it would be nice if the Philippines would take those facts into account. :th_interesting: Also, foreigners in the US are given the chance to become US citizens after only 3 years when married to a citizen off the US and 5 years when on their own. Now wouldn't it be nice if the Philippines would be reciprocal on that too. :th_interesting:
The US used to do that but they discontinued it. I don't remember exactly when. You didn't have to appear in person but you had to fill out a form and mail it in. Careful with the recripocal thing the US makes a lot of Filipinos wait twenty yeras or more for entry. You want to wait that long? :D :rolleyes:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Here is yet another example of how the Philippine government makes it hard for foreigners to live in their country...... They make foreigners come in once a year...... While I do not have a problem with them making foreigners appear once a year and I wish the US had the same law, they should make it easier by opening a booth in a local mall.........and IMHO things like this should be reciprocal, and if Filipinos in another country are given certain privileges, then foreigners in the Philippines should be given the same privileges as how their citizens are treated when in those respective countries. Example is, in the US, a conditional alien card is good for two yeas and a permanent alien card is good for 10 years before they have to renew it and it would be nice if the Philippines would take those facts into account. :th_interesting: Also, foreigners in the US are given the chance to become US citizens after only 3 years when married to a citizen off the US and 5 years when on their own. Now wouldn't it be nice if the Philippines would be reciprocal on that too. :th_interesting:
The US used to do that but they discontinued it. I don't remember exactly when. You didn't have to appear in person but you had to fill out a form and mail it in. Careful with the recripocal thing the US makes a lot of Filipinos wait twenty yeras or more for entry. You want to wait that long? :D :rolleyes:
Filipinos who can support themselves and can show that they have resources, are approved all the time......Tom, I know where you are coming from, but we are talking about a third world country making it hard to live in, verses a first world country (sometimes I wonder if it really is) allowing people to immigrate to it....... I think it is apples and oranges....... The money foreigners spend in the Philippines only helps them to survive and they should make it easier for more foreigners to live there, if they want more foreign money to flow in........ The Philippine government is very short sighted. IMHO The US has way more Filipinos living in it than the Philippines has Americans, and I think that would be true of all first world countries...... It should be allowed to be equal, and it is almost impossible for a foreigner to become a citizen of the Philippines and it is too darn easy the other way around.

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

Can't see the problem myself. It's a bit of tax revenue, keeps track of people and reminds us we are aliens. It takes a few minutes plus travelling - for me a 5 minute drive but I can understand some live in the sticks.Wish they did it in the UK. Whatever ones visa status, we are by choice aliens in a foreign country and have to live by the rules.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Almeda explained that foreigners who are holders of any visa, except temporary visitors, are required to make the annual report.So am I to assume that sense I have no ACR card I am considered a temporary visitor and not required to go .....

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted
Almeda explained that foreigners who are holders of any visa, except temporary visitors, are required to make the annual report.So am I to assume that sense I have no ACR card I am considered a temporary visitor and not required to go .....
Correct.