Shooting In My Backyard

United Army
Posted
Posted

I heard what I thought was fire crackers, but when I looked, to my surprise there were two men shooting a pistol and a larger type pistol. The small pistol seemed to jam allot. As I watched it seemed like they were just test firing and shooting in the ground to see if they both work. At one point I thought one of the shooters was going to shoot himself in the foot when he was trying to un-jam the pistol. They did this for about 2-3 mins then left, and they shot about 8-10 rounds. Next time I'll have my camera!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
I heard what I thought was fire crackers, but when I looked, to my surprise there were two men shooting a pistol and a larger type pistol. The small pistol seemed to jam allot. As I watched it seemed like they were just test firing and shooting in the ground to see if they both work. At one point I thought one of the shooters was going to shoot himself in the foot when he was trying to un-jam the pistol. They did this for about 2-3 mins then left, and they shot about 8-10 rounds. Next time I'll have my camera!
Some of the local made weapons are prone to misfire or worse. I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if he had shot himself or someone by accident.Were those men ON your property? Frankly I would have some concern; maybe your wife should contact the Baranguy Caption or a trusted Barangay Tanod.If you take their picture be very sure they don’t know you are doing so. Edited by Old55

United Army
Posted
Posted
Some of the local made weapons are prone to misfire or worse. I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if he had shot himself or someone by accident.Were those men ON your property? Frankly I would have some concern; maybe your wife should contact the Baranguy Caption or a trusted Barangay Tanod.If you take their picture be very sure they don’t know you are doing so.
No they were not on my property, I live in a subdivision and right outside the back of my townhouse I could see them. There is no wall outside my townhouse just some barb wire attached to the back of our townhouse. So I call it my backyard, even tho I can't get to it.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Guns are very easy to get here, I have even had taxi drivers offer to help me get one, and of course I said no thank you. My wife and I were on the way to Ayala one day about a month ago and as our taxi stopped at the light by Golden Peak Hotel, there were at least 8 gun shots in rapid succession, so we asked the taxi driver what he thought it might be, and he said gun shots in a nonchalant way, sort of like it is an everyday occurrence here for him to hear. I agree with the warning already given, do not let them see you filming them, or the next bullets you hear might be those coming through your windows or doors. Maybe alert the local barrangy captain of what you observed, but IMHO do not identify the shooters. And that is yet one more reason we live in the city instead of the country, I have never heard any gunshots right near our condo, or while in or outside our condo on the balcony, but we are not here all year, so maybe they do happen. :cool_beans:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

As has been said, guns being fired is not unusual here. I am reminded of 3 years ago when I was sharing a house with an old Arkansas Razorback, ex-army named Tom. Tom has told the story many times so it won't bother him that I tell it here.In our 'backyard' (outside our fence but only just), a couple of young adult males were firing off a gun and ole Tom goes outside and confronts them. He tell them to put the gun away and get out of here or he is going to shove that gun up one of their arses and they can choose who gets it.Well it scared them away but I was told recently that the reason we started to get a lot of breakins after that was because of making those fellows 'lose face'. So even if they don't shoot you they will get back at you somehow.

United Army
Posted
Posted
As has been said, guns being fired is not unusual here. I am reminded of 3 years ago when I was sharing a house with an old Arkansas Razorback, ex-army named Tom. Tom has told the story many times so it won't bother him that I tell it here.In our 'backyard' (outside our fence but only just), a couple of young adult males were firing off a gun and ole Tom goes outside and confronts them. He tell them to put the gun away and get out of here or he is going to shove that gun up one of their arses and they can choose who gets it.Well it scared them away but I was told recently that the reason we started to get a lot of breakins after that was because of making those fellows 'lose face'. So even if they don't shoot you they will get back at you somehow.
Good story and point well taken.....