Observations In Cebu Re The Royal Wedding

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Just had to write this, as I found it ...., unusual. For those Brits that are Royalist you will be proud, for the Round Heads you will not, and for the rest of you I am sure you have heard or seen enough of this topic that you won't bother reading any further. As one member likes to quote "to each their own"Yesterday while taking taxi's around Cebu going from one appointment to another (looking for work), I noticed at times in quite a few places people standing and sitting on the sidewalks looking in store windows and doors. Now for those of you who are familiar with the way things are in the Philippines, this in itself is not unusual. Often groups of people will stop, make themselves comfortable, have lunch, a few drinks etc and watch basketball games, fights, or special entertainment on the television where ever it is available to be seen. Indeed it is not unusual to get up from my chair to get another drink and find my sidewalk full of people watching my television, (until Ellie moved it so that only the back is visible from the window.However the twist yesterday was .....,They were watching the Royal Wedding!Love this countryCarl

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Just had to write this, as I found it ...., unusual. For those Brits that are Royalist you will be proud, for the Round Heads you will not, and for the rest of you I am sure you have heard or seen enough of this topic that you won't bother reading any further. As one member likes to quote "to each their own"Yesterday while taking taxi's around Cebu going from one appointment to another (looking for work), I noticed at times in quite a few places people standing and sitting on the sidewalks looking in store windows and doors. Now for those of you who are familiar with the way things are in the Philippines, this in itself is not unusual. Often groups of people will stop, make themselves comfortable, have lunch, a few drinks etc and watch basketball games, fights, or special entertainment on the television where ever it is available to be seen. Indeed it is not unusual to get up from my chair to get another drink and find my sidewalk full of people watching my television, (until Ellie moved it so that only the back is visible from the window.However the twist yesterday was .....,They were watching the Royal Wedding!Love this countryCarl
Glad someone was watching as I know I didn't bother,lol