Australian Driving Licence Good?

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Hello,if I come there without an international driving permit, can I drive or not with just my AU licence?Thanks

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Hello,if I come there without an international driving permit, can I drive or not with just my AU licence?Thanks
Mate, you can use your Aussie license for 90 days from your arrival, after that you will need to get a local one from any LTO. An international license would in my opinion be a waste of time and money, first they wouldn't know what it was and second you'd still need a local license after the 90 days elapsed.Getting a local license, like everything else in the Phils seems to vary from day to day, where you apply and what mood they are in at the time.It may take a full day or it may take 1/2 an hour.Cost varies accordingly but it's nowhere near the cost of your Aussie license.
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Mate, you can use your Aussie license for 90 days from your arrival, after that you will need to get a local one from any LTO. An international license would in my opinion be a waste of time and money, first they wouldn't know what it was and second you'd still need a local license after the 90 days elapsed.Getting a local license, like everything else in the Phils seems to vary from day to day, where you apply and what mood they are in at the time.It may take a full day or it may take 1/2 an hour.Cost varies accordingly but it's nowhere near the cost of your Aussie license.
Just to addQ:I have a valid foreign driver’s license. Can I use it in the Philippines?A:Yes, 3 months from date of arrival.Q:Can I convert my foreign driver’s license into Philippine driver’s license?A:Yes. If valid, no exams. If expired subject to written / practical exams.Taken from the LTO website, read here for more info http://www.lto.gov.p...ts/dls_faq.aspx

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

It costs 618p plus 400p for the drug test and medical. It typically takes about 2 hours but I have been there over 4 hours on one occasion.You need to take your passport and your valid foreign license.

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone......but what drug test? Urine, blood or what? Never heard of a drug test to get a licence.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Thanks everyone......but what drug test? Urine, blood or what? Never heard of a drug test to get a licence.
Urine.

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Ah well good.Thanks