Acr Card Fees

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted (edited)

Got my ACR yesterday in Mandaue....this is list of costs.ACR for Adult........................................................1000Head Tax...............................................................250Monthly Extension Application Fee...................300Monthly Extension Fee.......................................1000Emigration Clearance Certificate.....................700Certificate Fee......................................................500ACR I Card Fee....................................................2140.50Legal Research Fee...........................................50Express Lane Fee...............................................1000Express Lane Fee (Certification).......................500 TOTAL....7440.50Took just under 1 hour

Edited by roy2cebu

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Got my ACR yesterday in Mandaue....this is list of costs.ACR for Adult........................................................1000Head Tax...............................................................250Monthly Extension Application Fee...................300Monthly Extension Fee.......................................1000Emigration Clearance Certificate.....................700Certificate Fee......................................................500ACR I Card Fee....................................................2140.50Legal Research Fee...........................................50Express Lane Fee...............................................1000Express Lane Fee (Certification).......................500 TOTAL....7440.50Took just under 1 hour
Thanks Roy, great info and gives many of us an idea of what our costs can be like while living here. I wonder how those costs might compare with what others are paying? Is everyone getting stuck paying that express lane fee? Seems like they could call it another name if it is mandatory and not really an express lane fee, yet one hour seems express to me for how things are generally done here.

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
Thanks Roy, great info and gives many of us an idea of what our costs can be like while living here. I wonder how those costs might compare with what others are paying? Is everyone getting stuck paying that express lane fee? Seems like they could call it another name if it is mandatory and not really an express lane fee, yet one hour seems express to me for how things are generally done here.
Thanks for this Roy, and your comments Lee. I too just finished getting my ACR card at the beginning of March here at the Immigration on Intramuros in Manila. (That place feels like my second home, I have been there so often in the past 4 years)My cost were virtually the same (I'll dig out my receipts and post the amounts later), however it took much longer (over a period of 2 weeks), this was because;1) I had an over stay to sort out, (4 months)2) I had to change my status from a 9G (work permit) back to a 60 day tourist visa.3) I then had to apply for my 13A status, (non quota married visa)before I could apply for the ACR card.Having said all above, my over all costs (not including taxi's etc) just for documentation, pictures etc etc. was still just under 13,000 pesos!I had the fortune to be introduced to the over all Direct of Immigration for all of Manila, and he was very helpful and therefore did not require any fixers (people either employed or not directly employed by Immigration, who will help you get what you want for additional fees), and mentioning his name, along with an introductory letter provided by him, usually meant things went very smoothly. (at no extra cost)Additionally I will admit to taking Chiya with me, so that when I went to the counter, or stood in line, usually one of the employees behind the counter would wave me forward, want to discuss Chiya and process things a little quicker for me. (Shamelessly using my daughter to get things done!) But she did seem to enjoy it there, and I believe will grow up to be an actress or entertainer as she was definitely performing on the occasions that we took her with us.Bottom line, this was considerably longer, however immensely less expensive as my usual fixer had estimated (35,000 pesos) to get the same thing done. In the past when I went to my fixer (immigration officer employed at the offices) for extensions etc. it was completed in less than an hour, at a cost of an additional 5,000 pesos. To his credit, it was always done above board and legally, and he did somehow manage to make it possible for me to stay in the Philippines, (without leaving) on my tourist visa for over two years, and then sort out my 9g work visa in one day.Sometimes you do what you have to, even though you might not agree with or like all the "short cuts" that are embedded in every day life here in the Philippines.Carl

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted (edited)

Be careful when talking about the comparative costs for ACR cards; from the information supplied above, it seems that the OP, roy2cebu, and Kuya Carl are talking about different ACR cards.There are basically 2 types which at first glance seem identical but are in effect completely different. I think the OP was getting the "temporary visitor" ACR card which all tourists who stay longer than 59 days are required to have - the ballpark figure for this is 7.500p. The cost varies on a day to day basis as the cost of the card is $50 and what you pay in pesos depends on that day's exchange rate. It is valid for 1 year.If Kuya Carl's ACR card was a part of his 13a application then his overall costs will be higher. The actual card still costs the same - $50 + 500p express lane fee - but his application and implementation fees for the 13a will be around the 10,000p mark. Also this card is marked "permanent resident". It is valid for either 1 year or 5 years depending on which stage of the 13a process you are at..

Edited by ancienrocka