Any Good Site For A Fridge, Washing Machine, Furniture, Etc. ?

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Hello,I know I could rent a furnished place or buy second hand stuff but I would like to compare costs of brand new items, possibly around the Cebu area which seems to be where I could be moving.Any website other than ebay would be appreciated.Thanks

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

I just found:http://www.sulit.com.ph/http://ayosdito.ph/Anything else?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hello,I know I could rent a furnished place or buy second hand stuff but I would like to compare costs of brand new items, possibly around the Cebu area which seems to be where I could be moving.Any website other than ebay would be appreciated.Thanks
Cebu Appliance Center Abenson Appliance SM Appliance Mandaue FoamGiardini del sole High end furnitureSun Gold next to SM for inexpensive furnitureUnfortunately there are not many that list prices of furniture and there are not many furniture stores here where a person can go to buy everything in one shot, but local made furniture is fairly reasonable, but usually not good quality and not good for those of us who are tall, so good quality furniture will be costly from what I found.Example a good couch and love seat at Blims furniture in Ayala will be about p50,000 but a cheap set about p10,000. A desk or dinette set about p5,000 each but the chairs will need to be reinforced if you weight 200 lbs like I do. A decent bed and mattress about p15,000 The best thing to do IMHO is to stay in a pension house and then go shopping around to get ideas of costs.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

please wait before you do anything.......get an ideal of what you need/want... then go to SM .or the other HIGH value "rxx off" stores.( let me add that S&R membership does or did have slightly lower prices but that was in 2006 not sure now)get the phone number from the "clerks or sales men" of the SERVICE CENTER. example,, get the number of GE. they have Service center in cebu, NOW you ask why????:whistling:SM and the other places are just too Dxxx expensive. WHAT you do with the numbers, is call and ask IF THEY HAVE ANY CLASS B units or merchandise .. CLASS B in the RP , is units that have a slight problem with it. Either it doesnt have a BOX ,was a showroom item, last years stock. Just ask around . I know that Sony.sharp doesnt have class B for general public SAM-SUNG LG, GE,Whirlpool does offer some class B units .Some only has a yearly sale .. others as in samsung. ge has stock , just call.ALSO thanks for the topic. i have been waiting for this to be brought up.i share this ,.. as some of the forum members are on a LIMITED income. as i amI have bought my TV.(saved 15000 compared to SM) 1 aircon, washing machine thru CLASS B, MOST if not all units have a VALID WARRANTY . no need to worry about that, ONLY drawback is ... THEY only accept CASH. no Credit card. hope this can help. :AddEmoticons04230:

Edited by ed villas

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

I was in the same boat as you. We arrived in Cebu on 3/17/11 and was faced with your issues. I found a 21cf side by side refrigerator for 31K at Cebu Appliance. Anywhere else I looked it was double or triple that, if they had them that big. Cebu appliances seems to be the best place to buy hard goods. Don't know about the B stock, wish I had known before, I would have looked into it. The biggest purchase I have made was the AC. 60K for a 2.5 hp split inverter. Bought a stove with oven, 12K, five fans, couch from Mandaue Foam for 19K, has a recliner on each end, Bamboo beds, two doubles, good foam mattresses from Mandaue Foam, had the computer table, tv stand and multiple book cases made by the brothers in law when they came to visit. Brought my TV on the plane. I recommend that. It cost $150 for shipping from Seattle to Manila and $150 to ship from Manila to Cebu for a 42" LED tv. Paid $650 at Costco just before I left. You can not find anything like what I bought here, for any price. Brought my two desk top computers with monitors in the suitcases. Carried the lap top. Shipped 60 LBC boxes, all arrived safely, a few broken items, pack glass very well, and not near the sides of the boxes. We found a very nice 4br two bath with an outside dirty kitchen, in a nice quite sub division, for 7500 per month. We love it here. Nice neighbors, good area in Talisay City. All of our major purchases are done, we just need to get rid of about thirty LBC boxes worth of crap that we should not have brought, and arrange the rest, and life will be perfect.I purchased a Kindle 3 before I left the states, one of the smartest things I have ever done in my life. I had 12K paper books. Gave most of them away, brought a few I couldn't find in ebook, and some reference books. I now have well over 100K ebooks and I have only been collecting since 8/2010. If you are a reader, holler when you get here and I will share them with you. I usually get new releases within a couple of days.Don't worry, just get on the plane and enjoy life. The waters fine.

• Like 1

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

I have bought stuff off the Cebu Appliance Centre site and had it delivered to Leyte. I would be happy to use them again.http://www.in-cebu.net/cebu-appliance-center/Regards: Jim

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys, all lovely tips!In regards to my weight, etc for mattress and chairs. : I'm about 90 Kg and 182 cm so just average/athletic..In regards to my stuff: not to worry, I will bring only a laptop and 1 bag.