Catmon Cebu

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Our friend, dentist and forum member Ramon of Cebu Dental Centrum (Services) was nice enough to drive us up to Catmon where he has a dental clinic and that he runs on Saturday besides the office he has in Cebu City. Ramon drove, so my wife and I got to sightsee all the way up and I can honestly say that almost all of Cebu shows signs of much more improvement than most of the parts of Mindanao that I have traveled through. Catmon was a sleepy easy going coastal area, that is about 57 kilometers outside of Cebu City, and took us under 2 hours to get to, mostly due to traffic in and around Cebu City on the way out, and only two lane roads most of the way up once out of the Mandaue. I would highly recommend people go see it because I felt like I belonged, and was a part of the town as soon as we arrived. We had lunch in an a little open air place that serves native chicken cooked their own way, and it was some of the best chicken I have tasted. Ramon was also nice enough to drive us around and show us the area of Catmon and then around Sogod Cebu which was also nice. I could easily see myself living in a house on the water in Catmon if we had a car and lived here full time, since there were a number of lots for sale right on the ocean and some homes along the ocean that were sort of like mansions, and Ramon told me that the reason is because their are a lot of OFW families there who have those built and also a Filipino American, as well as a Native American who is married to a Filipina, so people there did not even look twice at me while I was there. Catmon seems like a great place to live if a person wishes a country life. I guess that if anyone might be interested in land up there, or living up there, then they might wish to contact Ramon since he seems to know almost everyone up there, and all about the area.