Fooda Saversmart & Places To Shop All Over The Phl

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife and I went shopping today at Fooda Saversmart Mango, which is off Gen. Maxilom Avenue, Cebu City and they had some reasonable prices on most items. So I think we will be shopping there more often. The only place that we have found that seems even more reasonable on most items, is down Colon and it is called Colonnade Supermarket. Fooda location mapAnyone know any other inexpensive places to shop in Cebu City? What is your favorite supermarket wherever you are, and please list the approx location?

Edited by Kuya Lee
change title

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I'm sure all the locals know of it but new folks looking for veggies would do well to go to Carbon Market.Prices are up to 1/3 of the price in the local street markets. Of course you have to eat a lot of veggies to make it worth the trip.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I'm sure all the locals know of it but new folks looking for veggies would do well to go to Carbon Market.Prices are up to 1/3 of the price in the local street markets. Of course you have to eat a lot of veggies to make it worth the trip.
OK let me add the location for those who do not know, and tell people to get there early for the best selection. Thanks Dave. :541:post-40-0-41020200-1305033906_thumb.jpg

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

For those who live currently dont live in Cebu :cool_beans:in the metro manila area.the stores with lower prices and a good selection of US or imported goods.Cherry Food arama . on shaw blvd Mandalyung, other location is on Congressional,QCPioneer center market(supermarket) off shaw and pioneer .pasigCash n carry .southsuperhighway Makati supermarket Alabang (ATC)Market market the grocery store there has a nice selection , prices are little high ,about same as SMUNIMART at greenhills Landmark at trinoma .& makati Southsupermaket in alabang & sta rosa has some items not found at SM or Robinson but its been over 18months since i last shopped.Prices then was about same as SM.Robinson.. Unimart has had a selection of imported fruits not found elsewhere ,TV dinners can be found too as at Makati supermarket . hope that this is helpful for those here in MM :541:

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

I have tried a lot of supermarkets in Cebu City. Collonade Supermarket is the cheapest I have found.I was told years ago that it is the place where Sari Sari store owners go to shop because it is the cheapest place.Regards; Jim