Inter Island Removals

chrisandging
Posted
Posted

Has Anybody moved house from one island too another?I plan to move from Cebu to Tagaytay in a few months time and i am starting to investigate a low cost way of moving my furniture, 2 dogs, and a car.I did go to an international firm in Mandaue called Lane Removals and Storage. Their prices were about the same as "Pickford's" in the UK (bit steep) At least to their credit they offer insurance and do al the packing for me.Car 70K furniture 150K....... ridiculous!I guess that taking the car by Ferry direct to Manila will be most cost effective.I would be grateful for advice from anybody with experience.Thanks Chris

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you asked for a westernised service and got a westernised price!Last time I checked, it was P10,000 for a standard car from Cebu City to Manila on the Superferry. So, it should be no where near P70,000, even if you pay some one to drive it for you and pay for them to travel back to Cebu City.You can check the latest price herehttp://www.superferry.com.ph/When I moved my furniture from Cebu City to Palompon Leyte, my ex father in law came with his furniture delivery truck.. You might still be able to do something similar yourself. Hire your own truck. You will have 2 RORO crossings. One from Cebu to Leyte. The other from Samar to Southern Luzon. I am sure that even if you hired a troupe of people to help, the truck hire, RORO crossings, fuel, wages ,meals and accommodation will still come in less than P100,000. You could even have some one drive your car with you as you drive the truck.Regards; Jim

• 8 months later...
chrisandging
Posted
Posted

Well I did the move in September, was browsing the forum, saw my old post and thought an update was in order.I moved the car as freight using Gothong shipping. My car is a CRV (they price by volume) The cost was P13000 all in, I loaded it up to the roof and delivered it to the pier on A Saturday morning, it arrived in Manila the following Wednesday. Turns out Wednesday is my coding day so I got stopped on edsa, managed to plead my way out of the P1500 fine.Everything else was sent using 'Roy's freight forwarding'We bought loads of boxes in carbon, filled them up and roys collected them. The charge by the m3 I think it worked out P2500 per. This was door to door within Metro Manila, it would have cost more to Tagaytay.So I saved a mint by getting of my backside and doing it myself.

• Like 4