Creating A Restore Point On Your Computer

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

When was the last time you created a restore point on your computer? It is a good idea to do that monthly, and especially before any new program is added to your computer. Most people never create a restore point and then when their system crashes, it is too late. Go to start, go to control panel, Back up computer, somewhere in system maintenance, create a restore point. You can also type in create restore point in the search function of the control panel to find it. Don't wait until it is too late, do it now if you computer (with Vista or 7) is a newer computer that has that function.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Yeah, the restore point feature is useful, because once I get my computer set up the way I like it, I create a new restore point so I can go back to that setting in case of a crash! I also export my internet favorite bookmarks, photo gallery, free internet shareware programs, personal files and documents on a 5 Gig memory flash drive for safe keeping in case of a crash or my program settings are acting up for some reason. Most PCs nowadays have dual core drives and great for the purpose of reformatting to the original factory settings, but doesn't save existing programs that have been previously added!

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Restore points have not worked for me.This is the effect of the last 2 viruses that have caused me to have to start over.- 2nd last virus wiped out all restore points- Even though I had no accounts set up, I was the only user and did not require a password to access my computer, the last virus changed the setup so that I was no longer the administrator. So, I could see the restore points but could not use them. It also blocked me from updating the computer. In any case, my system does not retain restore points created by me. It automatically creates a new restore point every day and removes any restore point a week or more old. I have windows XP. Is there some way of stopping this so the only restore points are mine and they will not be continually over written? Regards; Jim