Outrageous Or Interesting Pets In The Philippines?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My family had a wonderful German shepherd but he got heart worm and passed way last year. I was the only one big enough to take him out for walks. I don’t know who had more fun him getting walks or me scaring the heck out of all the locals! Folks would all come out their eyes get big and point or run away when the Kano and the “big doggie” took their morning walks.We knew a Brit named Dave in southern Leyte who had a monkey and other strange pets but monkeys give me the creeps.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
My family had a wonderful German shepherd but he got heart worm and passed way last year. I was the only one big enough to take him out for walks. I don’t know who had more fun him getting walks or me scaring the heck out of all the locals! Folks would all come out their eyes get big and point or run away when the Kano and the “big doggie” took their morning walks.We knew a Brit named Dave in southern Leyte who had a monkey and other strange pets but monkeys give me the creeps.
I have a pet rock, that is all we are allowed to have in our condo. :th_thimage_265775: Oh and I tried to walk it on a lease but it just sat there. :blonde:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I have a pet rock, that is all we are allowed to have in our condo. :lol: Oh and I tried to walk it on a lease but it just sat there. :lol:
Pet rocks are so 70’s, I’ve hear they gravel all over the floor too.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I have a pet rock, that is all we are allowed to have in our condo. :lol: Oh and I tried to walk it on a lease but it just sat there. :lol:
My pet rock was absolutely crushed when it found out I had kidney stones.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

We got a monkey.... He's good fun.... BUT NOT IN THE HOUSE!

Jake
Posted
Posted
My pet rock was absolutely crushed when it found out I had kidney stones.
I guess over the years (many years), my snake became more and more mellow and lethargic.Could it be that I was "petting it" too much??I get no respect sometimes -- Jake

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
We got a monkey.... He's good fun.... BUT NOT IN THE HOUSE!
I don't know if I could stand having a pet monkey around for some reason they frighten me. I admit they are an interesting pet.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I can't think of seeing any tropical birds as pets in all my visits to Philippines. Are there any native colorful tropical birds there?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I can't think of seeing any tropical birds as pets in all my visits to Philippines. Are there any native colorful tropical birds there?
I do not know about native birds because I rarely see any birds flying around the provinces and not many in the city either, but I do see street vendors and pet shops selling colorful birds as pets, so they can be bought here, at least in Cebu, Manila and Cagayan de Oro, I do not remember in other areas or never bothered to look.