Animal Abuse

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Why is it considered a crime to kill a cat or dog?We kill cattle for food, can go on safari, go game hunting, duck shooting, fishing, lay mouse traps, swat flies without reprisal yet can be given hefty fines or jail for abusing a cat or dog.I've killed more ants than the Nazi's did Jews but no recrimination. ( That's my confession to being a serial killer!)So what's the deal with cats and dogs?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Not sure about the cats but the dog lovers don't want the neighbors to be free to kill their family pet for a barbecue without at least having legal recourse. Now that I have my dogs living in a mountain barangay it is surprising how many walk by and talk openly about how good they would taste barbequed.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Why is it considered a crime to kill a cat or dog?We kill cattle for food, can go on safari, go game hunting, duck shooting, fishing, lay mouse traps, swat flies without reprisal yet can be given hefty fines or jail for abusing a cat or dog.I've killed more ants than the Nazi's did Jews but no recrimination. ( That's my confession to being a serial killer!)So what's the deal with cats and dogs?
Cattle and sheep etc are bred for food but dogs and cats are generally pets therefore that is the reason.

• 2 weeks later...
piglett
Posted
Posted
Not sure about the cats but the dog lovers don't want the neighbors to be free to kill their family pet for a barbecue without at least having legal recourse. Now that I have my dogs living in a mountain barangay it is surprising how many walk by and talk openly about how good they would taste barbequed.
he he he they say oh wow what a nice group or dogs you have , they would be great with a side of rice :)all i can say is W O W piglett

Inspector
Posted
Posted
:oI catch flies...and then set them free. Dog's are killed by the thousands every day...by injection. Cats as well. Dogs were domesticated and bred to be a loyal companion to man, so I am not sure killing man's best friend for fun is looked upon nicely by many in the west. Politics in the US of A plays a big part with a lot of these strict laws...but I tend to be a dog lover and agree with them. One time at band camp, I knocked out a fly instead of capturing him... and then watched him recover before I allowed him to fly away. He didn't thank me...but I knew he was grateful.So yeah, I can be a tough prick when I want to be. :)