There Must Be Over 90 Million In The Phl

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Something here just does not add up here. We all know there are many babies and preschool children here, and probably even more in the provinces, and then all the adults who are out of school and either working or loafing, and then add the 26 million in school, there has to be way more people than 90 million in the Philippines, don't you think? The Department of Education (DepEd) is expecting more enrollees in public schools this year – close to 26 million students – with some 200 private elementary and high schools set to increase tuition when classes start next month.Data from DepEd showed that total of 25,809,449 students are expected to enroll in both public and private elementary and high schools, including the kindergarten and the Alternative Learning System (ALSThe complete story HERE

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

From what I've read somewhere, a few years ago the total population in the Philippines was around 90+ million people and out of that 90+ million, 36 million were living in poverty!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I don't see how the statistics people can count the poor people who are not 'in the system' as in they have never applied for a birth certificate or other form of id. I would bet that would increase the actual pop considerably.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gifas-if.gifThere is such a thing called boots on the ground volunteers or paid census takers who goes out in field and count heads physically no matter where it is! So, how else did they get those statistics or did a head count of the lost tribes in the Jungles of the Philippines or other hidden or lost civilizations at the ends of the world?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
There is such a thing called boots on the ground volunteers or paid census takers who goes out in field and count heads physically no matter where it is!
Good point. I knew that but I forgot, or more likely did not think they would have a budget to do that in the Phils.