What Is With This Trend To Kill Expats?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

:th_interesting: What is with this trend to kill expats? :wt-hell: It sure seems like a lot of expats have been killed by family members or house help in the last year or so, :cheers: and I guess it will only get worse as time goes on, because of the worsening economy, :as-if: So all you guys out there, please be extra careful and make sure that the family and everyone else knows, that once the goose that laid the golden egg dies, there will be no more golden eggs coming in. :rolleyes: I wonder how some of you have things set up?????? I know that I have a pension and it stops as soon as I die, and I already told my wife that the condos were hers whether or not something should happen to me, so there is really no reason for anyone to kill me off. :welcome: I hope. SugarwareZ-024.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
:th_interesting: What is with this trend to kill expats? :as-if: It sure seems like a lot of expats have been killed by family members or house help in the last year or so, :cheers: and I guess it will only get worse as time goes on, because of the worsening economy, :as-if: So all you guys out there, please be extra careful and make sure that the family and everyone else knows, that once the goose that laid the golden egg dies, there will be no more golden eggs coming in. :rolleyes: I wonder how some of you have things set up?????? I know that I have a pension and it stops as soon as I die, and I already told my wife that the condos were hers whether or not something should happen to me, so there is really no reason for anyone to kill me off. :welcome: I hope. SugarwareZ-024.gif
I dont know how it works in the US but I thought that once you die your wife would receive a pension anyway? I'm lucky in a way, if someone wants to kill me off all they will get is whats in my wallet,zero :wt-hell:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I dont know how it works in the US but I thought that once you die your wife would receive a pension anyway? I'm lucky in a way, if someone wants to kill me off all they will get is whats in my wallet,zero :th_interesting:
There are different types of pensions. When I took mine years ago, I had a choice, death benefit and that meant about half a pension SugarwareZ-002.gif or no death benefit and enough to live on, I opted for the later, or I would have still had to work. Did I just say that bad four letter word. :rolleyes:

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well in the US if you die and are married to a non US citizen the SS stops ..... I personally think the law sucks ...... I mean you can be married to an American woman who has never worked a day in her life and she will still get your SS when you croak ..... but then maybe they look at the fact that unless you are rich American women wouldn't look twice at a guy more than twice their age so they won't have to pay out as long ...... I think the government should pay out the remaining amount of money you have in your account to your foreign bride ..... ex. if you have $100,000 in your earned account and they pay $40,000 out to you she should be entitled to the $60,000 left ...... I mean you earned it ..... I can see them not dipping into other people's funds but yours should be given to her ........Oh by the way Julie is aware of this fact ..... but I have a 401k plan that maybe the stock market will leave her a little of ..... I haven't quite lost half of it yet ... so there maybe some hope ..... hahahahaha

Edited by Mike S

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Simple, be worth more alive than dead in da PHILIPPINES.As an American I have SSI and I do have a pension from the corporation I slaved for all those years. Those moneys are dependent on me. That is to say if I live the cash flows every month. Once I die those monies stop. All savings and investments are in the States as is my will. I am worth much more alive than dead is in the great Philippines.

• Like 1

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Safest way to go.

Travis
Posted
Posted
:1 (103): What is with this trend to kill expats? :wt-hell: It sure seems like a lot of expats have been killed by family members or house help in the last year or so, :th_unfair: and I guess it will only get worse as time goes on, because of the worsening economy, :as-if: So all you guys out there, please be extra careful and make sure that the family and everyone else knows, that once the goose that laid the golden egg dies, there will be no more golden eggs coming in. :as-if: I wonder how some of you have things set up?????? I know that I have a pension and it stops as soon as I die, and I already told my wife that the condos were hers whether or not something should happen to me, so there is really no reason for anyone to kill me off. :th_exactly: I hope. SugarwareZ-024.gif
:th_exactly: How many expats get killed a year?