Computer Keyboard Shortcuts

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Interesting time saving shortcuts, anyone know any others?Open "My Computer"On a Windows PC, hold down the Windows key and press E (that's "Win+E") to open My Computer in the Windows Explorer. This is a great way to jump straight to managing your files!Web browser shortcutsIn most major web browsers, you can press Control+D to bookmark a site, or add it to your Internet Explorer favorites. Meanwhile, Control+F lets you find anything on a page. (Mac users should use Command+D and Command+F instead.)Another neat trick that works in most browsers is to just type the name of a site, then hit Control+Enter. It will automatically fill in the "www." and the ".com" for you. Most modern browsers have an address bar that works like Spotlight instant search, though, so you can also use the up and down arrow keys after typing something, in order to select the website you want.The complete story HERE

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
th_thholysheep.gif Neat keyboard short cuts, but I'm a hunt and peck type of a typewriter novice and it wouldn't do me any good and plus I'm not an Internet Explorer user! So, I'll just stick with my two fingers and my wireless optical mouse, works for me just fine! Anyways, I'm retired and not much of in a hurry of doing things on my computer! I still don't know how to do a "screen shot" of anything, Lee can vouch for that, because he has tried to teach me to no avail! I'm just a dunce when it comes to certain PC features or functions, but I get by OK on my own! I'm patient though and don't get frustrated with myself! SugarwareZ-034.gif Edited by Art2ro

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gif Neat keyboard short cuts, but I'm a hunt and peck type of a typewriter novice and it wouldn't do me any good and plus I'm not an Internet Explorer user! So, I'll just stick with my two fingers and my wireless optical mouse, works for me just fine! Anyways, I'm retired and not much of in a hurry of doing things on my computer! I still don't know how to do a "screen shot" of anything, Lee can vouch for that, because he has tried to teach me to no avail! I'm just a dunce when it comes to certain PC features or functions, but I get by OK on my own! I'm patient though and don't get frustrated with myself! SugarwareZ-034.gif
Screen shots are easy if you have vista or 7, just click on start, type in snipping tool in the search line and it will show up on the top of that box, right click on it and pin it to the tool bar if on 7, or the start menu if on Vista to make it easier to find in the future, then click on it and a box will appear on your screen, Then just put your mouse under where you want to clip and hold the left mouse key down and pull it up and across what you want a picture of. If you have XP then I think you have to use the screen shot key. I use Chrome and the function that fills in the http and .com part helps me, so when holding the control and then hitting enter, so if someone wants yahoo or another site, just type yahoo or the name of the other site, and then hold control and hit enter and it will fill in the rest. I find that one easy to use and helps me type less, but whatever is the easiest way to do thing for each of us, is what we should do. No rush in retirement anyway. th_exactly.gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gif Neat keyboard short cuts, but I'm a hunt and peck type of a typewriter novice and it wouldn't do me any good and plus I'm not an Internet Explorer user! So, I'll just stick with my two fingers and my wireless optical mouse, works for me just fine! Anyways, I'm retired and not much of in a hurry of doing things on my computer! I still don't know how to do a "screen shot" of anything, Lee can vouch for that, because he has tried to teach me to no avail! I'm just a dunce when it comes to certain PC features or functions, but I get by OK on my own! I'm patient though and don't get frustrated with myself! SugarwareZ-034.gif
Screen shots are easy if you have vista or 7, just click on start, type in snipping tool in the search line and it will show up on the top of that box, right click on it and pin it to the tool bar if on 7, or the start menu if on Vista to make it easier to find in the future, then click on it and a box will appear on your screen, Then just put your mouse under where you want to clip and hold the left mouse key down and pull it up and across what you want a picture of. If you have XP then I think you have to use the screen shot key. I use Chrome and the function that fills in the http and .com part helps me, so when holding the control and then hitting enter, so if someone wants yahoo or another site, just type yahoo or the name of the other site, and then hold control and hit enter and it will fill in the rest. I find that one easy to use and helps me type less, but whatever is the easiest way to do thing for each of us, is what we should do. No rush in retirement anyway. th_exactly.gif
I made a copy of your post, filed it away just in case when I'm not too busy being retired and try it out later or in the near future! I really did! mocking.gif