Do They Have Educational Tv In The Philippines?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

If they don't then maybe they should. There are some great programs like Sesame Street which can educate the children, and maybe even many of the adults, yet instead what I see is programs that perpetuate superstitions of the macabre and ghosts. ohmy.gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
If they don't then maybe they should. There are some great programs like Sesame Street which can educate the children, and maybe even many of the adults, yet instead what I see is programs that perpetuate superstitions of the macabre and ghosts. ohmy.gif
Sure they do, at least 3 channels to my knowledge, at least in our area!

stef
Posted
Posted
Sure they do, at least 3 channels to my knowledge, at least in our area!
i second that i watch playschool here

• 1 month later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

The Australian network, has a few children's show on during the day. Playschool , HI 5 Knowledge Channel is in both english.Tagalog . is an all day program, various from preschool to High school programsWhen my 1st child was "younger" we watched HUMPHREY BEAR and HI 5 another "cable" channel had DORA and the local station had DORA in Tagalog hope that this was helpful

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
Sesame street is American. I never let my daughter watch that. They only teach children how to speak American. I wanted my daughter growing up speaking like an Australian. Unfortunately she still managed to get a few Americanisms into her vocabulary. The most annoying to me is soda instead of soft drink.She pronounces zed (Z) correctly though!For older kids in the Philippines, there is National Geographic and Discovery Channel.Regards: Jim