Strange Questions You've Been Asked

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

One of my services is to rent motor bikes, I had a call from a really nice guy in Manila yesterday who wanted to rent a bike for a month and asked me if I could deliver it to his hotel? Another time we were showing some clients around Cebu and they were keen to take a jeepney, but they asked if we could wait for an air-conditioned one!Any other experiences?

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

I have been asked if there are aircon jeepnies but never requested to wait for an aircon jeepney.I have been asked where in the States is Australia. I have been asked often if I am a millionaire. I used to reply no until in 1996 I saw a real estate ad which said "live the millionaire's lifestyle". It was and ad for properties worth a million pisos. It was then that I understood I was a multi millionaire.I get requests every day seeking assistance with matters relating to the Philippines. A regular request is for help finding a beach resort in Cebu City because they can't find any beach resort on line. Also. many foreigners must think the Philippines is the wild west and I often have requests for how to find a range of illegal items. Not sure if you will think that strange.Regards: Jim

• 1 month later...
Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Here is one for you that you may have read some where else.In 2005, I visited Siquijor with Karl Livingstone and his fiancé. The sister of JJ Petrea.On our last day, I was swimming in the pool at the Don Deesco. I was filling in time waiting for the OceanJet to take us to Bohol.As I was swimming around, this beautiful Filipina swam up to me and started chatting. She told me she was interested in me and would I like to meet her parents who were sitting on the poolside. I agreed to meet her parents. I found out her name was Jenny and she was 19. During our conversation the topic of marriage came up. I said I was not interested in marriage. I had to live in first to see if we were compatible. Jenny's parents decided they were happy for their daughter to live in but I had to meet the rest of the family first. So off I went with Jenny and her parents to the family home. They showed me where they lived, introduced me to the grandparents, aunts and uncles and all the brothers and sisters except one sister who was away at school.They all agreed I was a good sort. Then Jenny's mother asked how much I would give to the family. I said I don't give money away. If the family wants money, they will have to work for it. For example, I like massages. I will pay P100 per hour for a massage. Jenny's mother said she was good at massaging. She will massage me every day for P100. I said sure if that is what you want.So it was agreed, Jenny and I could live in. No time like the present, we would start straight away. So, within about 2 hours of meeting Jenny in the pool at Don Deesco, Jenny left Siquijor with our little group and was sleeping with me that night at our accommodation in Tagbilaran.It didn't work out!However, I was later contacted by Jenny's sister, the one who I never met because she was at school. She told me that if I wasn't interested in Jenny, she would be happy to live in with me instead.It is probably not worth your while, but if you have a fast internet connection and are really interested, you can download my No Disability video about Karl Livingstone living in the Philippines. You will see a glimpse of Jenny at the Chocolate Hills and at the Hanging bridge on Bohol. She is the one with black top and red bottom. You can see her parents at the Don Deesco, just as Karl says it is the most wheel chair friendly place we found on Siquijor.http://www.bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/videos/no_disability.wmv(copy and paste the link into your browser as it will not be click able)I have more unusual stories if you are interested.Regards: Jim Sibbick