Sub Division Pools

chrisandging
Posted
Posted

Hi All,I have a question for anybody that lives in a sub division.I went to Vista Grande club house pool today, We have a lot on the subdivision and so i expected swimming to be free.The groundsman said P45 each for members. P50 for non-members. To me this seems a bit suspicious and i suspect a scam.Anyway i was wondering if anybody that lives in a subdivision has to pay for using the pool on your subdivision? How much is the charge?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Hi All,I have a question for anybody that lives in a sub division.I went to Vista Grande club house pool today, We have a lot on the subdivision and so i expected swimming to be free.The groundsman said P45 each for members. P50 for non-members. To me this seems a bit suspicious and i suspect a scam.Anyway i was wondering if anybody that lives in a subdivision has to pay for using the pool on your subdivision? How much is the charge?
Ask the owners association. I would think any user fee's would be posted at the pool. If the groundsman the one wanting to accept the fee I think it a scam.

RetiredNavyGuy
Posted
Posted
The subdivision where I live charges a fee. When paying the monthly membership fees, each resident received 3 coupons for a free use of the pool. After that, payment is required. Don't know how much, because i am not a big swimmer.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
We live in a condo, yet it is a development since there are presently two large buildings that share the pool, and there is supposed to be a third built someday, so no there is no additional cost for using the pool for residents, but we do pay monthly condo dues for maintaining the whole complex. I am guessing here, but my guess is that those other developments do not charge monthly dues, or if they do, then it does not include the pool, since many here may not like to swim, or may not have time to do so on their busy work schedules, so they have to maintain the pool somehow and possibly that is what those fees are for. If I was going to use the pool, then I would buy a test kit and check the water before swimming in it anyway, since my other guess is that pool maintenance in the Philippines is much like everything else that is done, cutting corners wherever possible, to save a centavo. kidding.gif

sjp52
Posted
Posted

In the one subdivision that we lived in there was no fee. One time the pool was closed for over a month because there was no money to maintain it. Seems most of the residents were not paying their monthly dues. I would imagine if they did not charge for the pool it would be added on to the monthly dues fee. If you use the pool a lot maybe ask them if you can pay a yearly fee at a reduced rate, Most people love a big hunk of cash all at once.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

That's what's so different here in the Philippines, because usually in the U.S., whatever amenities are available is usually included in the HOA dues, but here in the Philippines, most HOAs try to find ways to generate extra income, which therefore the Subdivisions HOA has the amenities separate from the HOA dues therefore able to charge a fees for use of the available amenities, which really sucks IMO, but that can always change by the owners/tenants by voting for a change in the HOA polices, but then again the HOA can in turn increase the HOA dues to make for the loss in extra revenue, still sucks! We have two clubhouses, one for air conditioned in door multi-function room/badminton court, the other is a large covered patio area by the pool for what ever occasions, swimming pool and full basketball court and all have daily or hourly fee rates. Always added gimmicks here in the Philippines to make an extra buck! SugarwareZ-034.gif