Pain Pills

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

My doctor just prescribed me PERCOCETS for pain releafe. im wondering if they are even legal in the PH. As i am just finishing packing balikbayan boxes here in long beach, then back to maui to finish packing there, ive often thought of tossing a couple o bottles in the boxes,then again it would be my luck that they would sniff them out. or should i just start drinking again for pain management. any input on the percocet thing would be greatfully taken.. tanks ej.

Jake
Posted
Posted
My doctor just prescribed me PERCOCETS for pain releafe. im wondering if they are even legal in the PH. As i am just finishing packing balikbayan boxes here in long beach, then back to maui to finish packing there, ive often thought of tossing a couple o bottles in the boxes,then again it would be my luck that they would sniff them out. or should i just start drinking again for pain management. any input on the percocet thing would be greatfully taken.. tanks ej.
Hey EJ,For starters, you could read this link: http://www.philippin...indpost&p=42311, posted by Kuya Lee.I think just to prevent any hassles from custom inspectors, I would pack the bulk of the medicationin one of your BB boxes and just carry a couple tablets with you during the flight over.Bon voyage my friend -- Jake

Inspector
Posted
Posted

If they are prescribed, you should be fine. Worst they can do is chuck them...again, if a US doctor ordered them. Just bring the scrips, and a letter...I brought them last time there, 180, 2 x a day and a 3 month mail order script...have not used any but can get them at any time in the USA for a major spinal injury I had..and keep them around just in case I need them for pain....from spinal to any pain in the ass I run across. They expire, so I will be chucking them and getting a new batch soon.BTW, balikbayan boxes list medications as a banned in the box substance on the US side...at least from manila forwarder. Then again, so is booze, and I always manage to get a few bottles of grey goose stashed away with no issues.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
As Jake already answered, I would say bring them along with a doctors letter explaining what you are bing treated for. I am pretty sure they can be bought in the Philippines and if not then something equal or maybe even better. Most meds are readily available in the Philippines. I would also agree to not put them in a BB box, but if you do, then be sure to put a copy of the doctors letter with them. Some BB boxes are now opened and they will probably be x-raying all BB boxes in the Philippines and are already doing that in the US before they leave, so cover your butt with the letter.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
As Jake already answered, I would say bring them along with a doctors letter explaining what you are bing treated for. I am pretty sure they can be bought in the Philippines and if not then something equal or maybe even better. Most meds are readily available in the Philippines. I would also agree to not put them in a BB box, but if you do, then be sure to put a copy of the doctors letter with them. Some BB boxes are now opened and they will probably be x-raying all BB boxes in the Philippines and are already doing that in the US before they leave, so cover your butt with the letter.
I believe they are x-raying 10% of all boxes leaving...or shipments. They only x-ray 10% imported...personally, I find it a bad practice spending the cash on filming exports instead of imports...let the Philippines spend the money if they are worried about what a pinoy based company is shipping into their own country. Me? I am worried about what comes into the USA more then if too much chocolate was sent out. Personally, I wouldn't put them in there simply because of the humidity and months it takes to get to the Philippines.As far as narcotic strength pain killers...I have only seen codeine strength crap there, and know of foreigners that had knee replacement surgery done there and were given advil strength pain killers after that type of surgery. I have mine there simply because of a situation such as this...if I am shot and survive, or run over buy a trike and break a few bones...I want to be happy when I am suffering. :cool_beans: