Anyone Own One Of The Tiny Pickups

piglett
Posted
Posted (edited)

looks like a nice small car , i'm sure someone will snatch it uphave any of you owned one of those tiny pickups ? i think they are only 3 cylinderswe have a few here in the US but not many so i don't know much about themi would love to get one for my father in-law in the province (all he has is a motor bike rite now)it will not be on this trip i am making there in July so i have time to research these thingsdoes Toyota make one ? that's all i'll buyi have had other brands but they never held up like a Toyota

Admin note, Topic split from classified
Edited by Kuya Lee
Split topic

brock
Posted
Posted

I bought a brand new Izuzu multicab,If I remember right I paid about 80,000 for it, never had any trouble with it.

piglett
Posted
Posted
I bought a brand new Izuzu multicab,If I remember right I paid about 80,000 for it, never had any trouble with it.
how long ago was this???it looks like some of the newer ones made by Toyota have a larger engine& the older ones have a 600cc enginedo you recall how it was out on a paved road?how fast will they go? (not that i am looking for a race car) thankspiglett

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted
80,000 for a brand new WHAT?Got a link to it please?Thanks

brock
Posted
Posted
I gave my father inlaw 100,000 to buy a vehicle, he bought the multicab from a local garage for 80,000, and gave me the change.it was very cramped, and not such a smooth ride, but never any trouble engine wise, only small, and held about a dozen people in the back..

piglett
Posted
Posted
I gave my father inlaw 100,000 to buy a vehicle, he bought the multicab from a local garage for 80,000, and gave me the change.it was very cramped, and not such a smooth ride, but never any trouble engine wise, only small, and held about a dozen people in the back..
for 80k i think you need to tell us where you got this thingyour saying it was brand new not good used ?????thankspiglett

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
for 80k i think you need to tell us where you got this thingyour saying it was brand new not good used ?????thankspiglett
Just search for Multi Cab and you can find lots of info. When locals talk about a 'new' multicab they mean newly reassembled, which means the parts come from some other country, like Japan, and get reassembled in the Philippines. Not sure why they do it that way but you can research it. I believe it saves the cost of shipping and customs duties to do it that way. The vehicles, when newly reassembled, are already over 5 years old but totally refurbished. The price for one of these will range from 120K up to 200K depending what you want in it. The basic model pick up type is the cheapest but I could never drive a basic model because I would not fit in the cab. The 'altered' and upgraded 4 wd fancy type that goes for closer to 200K is often seen driven by foreigners. Just don't get in an accident with one. You will probably die. There are no air bags or crumple zones.

piglett
Posted
Posted
Just search for Multi Cab and you can find lots of info. When locals talk about a 'new' multicab they mean newly reassembled, which means the parts come from some other country, like Japan, and get reassembled in the Philippines. Not sure why they do it that way but you can research it. I believe it saves the cost of shipping and customs duties to do it that way. The vehicles, when newly reassembled, are already over 5 years old but totally refurbished. The price for one of these will range from 120K up to 200K depending what you want in it. The basic model pick up type is the cheapest but I could never drive a basic model because I would not fit in the cab. The 'altered' and upgraded 4 wd fancy type that goes for closer to 200K is often seen driven by foreigners. Just don't get in an accident with one. You will probably die. There are no air bags or crumple zones.
ok so just put together is called "new" .......got yai would want the 4x4 for the province, & the good news is there are really only motor bikes to hit on the roads & there are few of thosep200k sounds fine to me, i may have to check them out while i am in Manila in Julythanks for the infopiglett