Filipinos Vs Foreigners Crime Map

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

I got this idea:since there are so many expats worried about their safety, why don't we statistically record all crimes including non-letal ones and we break down in areas so we may get a big picture of where someone is more at risk.Obviously we need at least 1 year of data.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I got this idea:since there are so many expats worried about their safety, why don't we statistically record all crimes including non-letal ones and we break down in areas so we may get a big picture of where someone is more at risk.Obviously we need at least 1 year of data.
I would have thought that it is just the potential expats who are so worried about their safety. The ones who are here seem to have found ways to deal with it. Thus the best advice is to consult some long term expats who live here, once you have a place in mind.While your idea has merit, it would be a daunting task and a bit useless because, as you say, it would take a minimum of one years statistics and in one year circumstances change so what was safe last year may not be so safe this year.
  • Like 1

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Hi Dave, wouldn't think it neccessarily so that only potential expats need be worried.There have been plenty of instances of long term foreigners being set up, killed , jailed. Only needs a grudge holder to set it off.I agree though, statistics would be worthless...would they ever be completely true in the first place?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Hi Dave, wouldn't think it neccessarily so that only potential expats need be worried.There have been plenty of instances of long term foreigners being set up, killed , jailed. Only needs a grudge holder to set it off.I agree though, statistics would be worthless...would they ever be completely true in the first place?
Yep. I see your point. I guess it is just that the resident expats try hard NOT to worry as that sometimes means locking yourself into a barricaded subdivision and then the bad guys have won. There are, as you point out, legitimate concerns that we must each accept and deal with.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Just go to this website http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_2190.html it tells travelers where not to go! (It's just an example and the article is old. I'm sure anyone can get an update on their own from the site)

• Like 1