Wondering What The Future Will Bring

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

It just makes me wonder what will be the story in say 5 years,this win is just unbelievable to such a poor family so how are they going to deal with it all as no matter what others will soon find out they have won the jackpot. Illiterate carpenter hits Philippine lottery jackpotManila - A 60-year-old carpenter whose six children have all dropped out of school due to poverty has won the second-biggest prize in the Philippines' history, officials said Friday.The carpenter, who also as a village watchman in a Manila suburb, claimed his prize of 356 million pesos (8.27 million dollars) on Thursday, the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) said.PCSO media officer Joseph Muego said the instant millionaire and his family immediately left the slum community where they lived for years after getting the money.'They have returned to their home province for security reasons,' he said. 'It's good that they listened to the advice of PSCO officials because it's for their own good.'Muego said the winner, who picked his numbers based on his wedding anniversary and his children's birthdays, plans to buy a new house and plot of land for the family.'The old man also wants to send his children to school,' he said. 'He told me that since he did not finish school, he didn't even know how to count his winnings now.'The is a popular pastime in the Philippines, where more than a quarter of the estimated 94 million population live on less than 1 dollar a day.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

If one is truly lucky in his or her lifetime, it only takes a dollar to hit the lotto via dumb luck! th_thholysheep.gif I think I'll buy a one dollar lotto ticket tomorrow! I feel lucky! woohoo.gifmocking.gif

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

love it

softail
Posted
Posted

Would make a great reality show. Good for them!!Doug

Candyman
Posted
Posted

He will have all the friends and blood suckers in the world now ! He will not have a moment's peace ! Publicizing his name was a huge mistake. I hope the money makes an enormous difference to his and his families lives, for the better, but I fear the greed of his fair weather friends, will be the end of him !