Lower Internet Interconnection Rates Eyed

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Better service and lower rates, is this really talking about the Philippines. lolGlobe Telecom is asking the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) to put in place an official domestic IP peering policy, which will help improve the quality of Internet services and lower access costs in the country.IP peering is similar to interconnection among local telcos for calls and texts, as it involves connecting subscribers and applications of one Internet service provider (ISP) to anotherThe complete story HERE

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Hey Lee, What is the cost for internet, tv service. does cost vary at someone's location.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hey Lee, What is the cost for internet, tv service. does cost vary at someone's location.
Yes it would vary depending on where you are because different areas only have one of the other type of service. In Cebu City and in our building, they only offer PLDT, so with PLDT we pay under p1650 per month for phone and 1MB. I believe they also offer slower DSL for p999 but the package we got was the best deal at the time, and once we complained many times, we finally started to get the speed we are paying for. With Sky Cable we pay p780 a month for digital cable and that includes a couple of premium channels but there really is not much for me to watch most times because most of the programs are old, so I guess we get what we pay for and of course we would not know they were old if we lived there full time. They also offer discount of 10% if you pay the whole year in full up front. So I guess that should give you a basic idea. They also have those thumb drive devices called Smart Bro which is usually fairly slow, or Globe Tattoo which I have not tried yet but made another post about it somewhere in this section.

oldutot
Posted
Posted
Yes it would vary depending on where you are because different areas only have one of the other type of service. In Cebu City and in our building, they only offer PLDT, so with PLDT we pay under p1650 per month for phone and 1MB. I believe they also offer slower DSL for p999 but the package we got was the best deal at the time, and once we complained many times, we finally started to get the speed we are paying for. With Sky Cable we pay p780 a month for digital cable and that includes a couple of premium channels but there really is not much for me to watch most times because most of the programs are old, so I guess we get what we pay for and of course we would not know they were old if we lived there full time. They also offer discount of 10% if you pay the whole year in full up front. So I guess that should give you a basic idea. They also have those thumb drive devices called Smart Bro which is usually fairly slow, or Globe Tattoo which I have not tried yet but made another post about it somewhere in this section.
Thanks Lee, We need to meet and sit down sometime, so you can teach me about some of different types of communications devices in the P.I.