Collectables

The phantom menace
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone.Where can i find collectables,in particular old coins,banknotes,stamps,WW2 items,etc, in Cebu and Manila.Thanks in advance.

brock
Posted
Posted

try ebay.ph, I know I have seen a few items on there.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

My ex-wife and I collected antiques a long time ago. I know something’s but am no expert.Try Heritage Antique Shop on Diamond St, off of J. Solon Dr near to Waterfront Cebu City, awhile back it seemed they had some “real” antiques.Not to be “that guy” but I would be very suspicious of local antiques for sale. Think of it this way if you see something you like and the price is OK then buy it but as far as collectability or authenticity goes just figure it to be a copy. Money, coins or folding and stamps would be much better bought from a certified dealer. After doing some research I got my wife a Spanish Peso circa 1614. It was minted in South America (forgot what colony) and used in the South America – Philippines trade. There is no way to know if ever it was used in Philippines but it is likely. I got it from a certified dealer just in the 90’s.One more thing do beware of what you buy. Some coral, ivory and other exotic items are restricted and you could be in for a huge fine for possessing them.

Edited by Old55

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't know how to post a link however if you google Tiendesitas you will find a Wikipedia page telling you all about this place in Pasig/Ortigas Manila, they have an antiques village full of shops. I have been there several times, and have noticed one of the antique stores has coins and stamps, you certainly will find what you are looking for there, and if you don't ask each one of the stores they will make suggestions as they get a percentage from referrals.Good huntingPapa Carlhttp://www.tiendesitas.com.ph/

Edited by Kuya Lee
Link added