Yahoo Mail And Internet Explorer 9

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

IE9 popped up and required that I upgrade, all I can say is Do Not upgrade if you use Yahoo mail because it does not work with the standard yahoo mail, so I can not longer send email from my account and it no longer shows all the icons. Also Yahoo tries to get me to upgrade but if you read the details, they reserve the right to start charging for the use of their services, and if you upgrade to the other newest version of y mail, then it chargers you $19.99 a month. I believe the days of free yahoo mail is coming to an end, so maybe best to change now or prepare to change before it is too late.

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

The fix is to uninstall IE9 and go back to using IE8, now everything works again.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The fix is to uninstall IE9 and go back to using IE8, now everything works again.
I think the reserve the right to charge you has always been there with yahoo. Why bother with IE anyway?

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Not that its important but that's 19.99 per year

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is it true that the IE browser is incorporated with our Windows OS? Without an IE browser our Windows OS won't function? I'm no computer genius, but it sure appears to me that way! Good warning about the the IE9 browser, not to update unless one doesn't mine paying for it! Ever since I installed IE8, my favorite toolbar features has been doing some strange things for example, when I try to delete bookmarks I no longer need, I sometimes can not delete the bookmarks, saying that location not found! I tried everything, but to no avail! On my mini laptop with EX and EI8 is does the same thing and sometimes it's in my recycle bin too and can't be deleted! I don't really want to format my PC just because of that, so I just left it as is for now until I do decide to reformat my PC later or if when it crashes for some unknown reason. With EI7, I never had any problems and also no problems with my Firefox or Google Chrome browsers associated with my bookmark featue, only with EI 8! What does anyone think of the Apple OS or the MAC OS? I don't know anything about them or any of the other OS out in the market today! I'm just a Windows kind of guy!

Edited by Art2ro

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I think the reserve the right to charge you has always been there with yahoo. Why bother with IE anyway?
IE is used by newer versions of AOL, so I do use AOL at times because it was the very first browser I used, so I have been too lazy to convert all my friends over to another email address. Also the pull down to all your email addresses makes it easy to check all email accounts at a quick glance, so it is easier to use for me, so that is why IE is necessary for me.