This Is Actually Laughable

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

They do not wish to have US bases, they complain about Americans trying to tell them what to do, and then they say the US will come to their aid if a war with China develops, so while I love the Philippines and most of its people, it sure seems like the politicians want to have their cake and eat it too. So I wonder, do you think the US will come to their aid if a war with China breaks out? What does the US have to gain by going to war with China over the Philippines, a country run by people who obviously do not like the US sticking its nose into their business, but loves the free money it gets from them and others, and wants their protection but IMO gives little in return.

Malacañang said it can count on the United States’ government as the country’s long-time ally to come to its rescue should the dispute with China over the contested areas in the South China Sea develop into an armed conflict.
The complete story HEREIt seems they will and at what price

Jake
Posted
Posted
They do not wish to have US bases, they complain about Americans trying to tell them what to do, and then they say the US will come to their aid if a war with China develops, so while I love the Philippines and most of its people, it sure seems like the politicians want to have their cake and eat it too. So I wonder, do you think the US will come to their aid if a war with China breaks out? What does the US have to gain by going to war with China over the Philippines, a country run by people who obviously do not like the US sticking its nose into their business, but loves the free money it gets from them and others, and wants their protection but IMO gives little in return.
Malacañang said it can count on the United States’ government as the country’s long-time ally to come to its rescue should the dispute with China over the contested areas in the South China Sea develop into an armed conflict.
"US Ambassador Harry Thomas, while calling for the full implementation of the 2002 Declaration of Conduct between China and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, however, appealed in Iloilo City for calm and said that Washington takes no side on this issue as stated by US President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton". The quote above is the bottom line from the US president. There is simply too much at stakes to make South China Sea another major sea battle. The US is sending only one Arleigh Burke class destroyer, which was scheduled last year to conduct annual naval exercise with the Philippines. Local PI politicians crying "wolf" are just getting photo ops and possibly to persuade the US military to give their outdated or surplus military hardware (old coast guard cutters and patrol boats). China is on a massive economic boom and having to shut down a major international sea lane because of trading missiles from opposing naval units (Vietnam, US, China, Malaysia, Taiwan) will shut down the whole world.Respectfully -- Jake

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

In a previous posting, i asked, Would this be occurring had the BASES remained? also does the US need a base now , when Aircraft carriers can do many jobs .. remember the bases closed due to the NON RENEWAL of the 1947 agreement by the RP senate . otherwise known as the "DIRTY :devil: DOZEN" (not the movie) they was the 1's who had voted for closure.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
"US Ambassador Harry Thomas, while calling for the full implementation of the 2002 Declaration of Conduct between China and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, however, appealed in Iloilo City for calm and said that Washington takes no side on this issue as stated by US President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton". The quote above is the bottom line from the US president. There is simply too much at stakes to make South China Sea another major sea battle. The US is sending only one Arleigh Burke class destroyer, which was scheduled last year to conduct annual naval exercise with the Philippines. Local PI politicians crying "wolf" are just getting photo ops and possibly to persuade the US military to give their outdated or surplus military hardware (old coast guard cutters and patrol boats). China is on a massive economic boom and having to shut down a major international sea lane because of trading missiles from opposing naval units (Vietnam, US, China, Malaysia, Taiwan) will shut down the whole world.Respectfully -- Jake
Sadly the local politicians there are the same as here in the States most of them are looking for a quick buck. I agree with Lee its all about the money.International law is involved the Hague will deal with this dispute China will ignore the finding the UN will do nothing like usual and the Chinese will make some threats then feed some crocodiles and cut a deal. Edited by Old55

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
In a previous posting, i asked, Would this be occurring had the BASES remained? also does the US need a base now , when Aircraft carriers can do many jobs .. remember the bases closed due to the NON RENEWAL of the 1947 agreement by the RP senate . otherwise known as the "DIRTY :devil: DOZEN" (not the movie) they was the 1's who had voted for closure.
A carrier group can project power but with the threat of the new missile technology they have become vulnerable. I don't see the States and China going to war anytime soon we need each other and that is a good thing. The PLA and rulers fear the Chinese people and must keep them happy going to war is not in their interest.

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I was just wondering, If China and Philippines backed by us went to war ( heaven forbid ). What would happen with all the Chinese living in the Philippines

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
I was just wondering, If China and Philippines backed by us went to war ( heaven forbid ). What would happen with all the Chinese living in the Philippines
The same as the Japanese who live here just before start of the war..

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I think people underestimate how vulnerable China is in the case of war. Virtually all of their business is generated by foreign investment or exporting goods. Going to war would hurt them more than anyone else.