How Much Is That Land

piglett
Posted
Posted

i'm sure the price of land really depends on it's locationhowever i would like to ask "how much did you give for that land " & where is it located, near a city? out in the sticks?also how large is it ?thankspiglett

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

i would like to ask "how much did you give for that land "
This is a question every filipino asks when they see a foreigner with land. It seems so 'nosey' to me. I always lie when I answer that one, or I just evade the question. It would be just as rude as they are being to tell them it is none of their business. They also ask how much I earn each month which I give the same consideration to.Land is worth whatever you want to pay for it. Keep in mind that chances of selling it again are slim so how much are you willing to pay for the land knowing that you will likely never see that money again. Ask what your reasons are for buying it. I would suggest that security for your wife or a farming income for your wife are good reasons. What is that worth to you? When you decide that then go shopping to see what you can get with that money. Or just be patient and wait to see if a deal falls in your lap. If you are here long enough then someone will need money bad enough to make you an offer that is hard to refuse.

piglett
Posted
Posted
This is a question every filipino asks when they see a foreigner with land. It seems so 'nosey' to me. I always lie when I answer that one, or I just evade the question. It would be just as rude as they are being to tell them it is none of their business. They also ask how much I earn each month which I give the same consideration to.Land is worth whatever you want to pay for it. Keep in mind that chances of selling it again are slim so how much are you willing to pay for the land knowing that you will likely never see that money again. Ask what your reasons are for buying it. I would suggest that security for your wife or a farming income for your wife are good reasons. What is that worth to you? When you decide that then go shopping to see what you can get with that money. Or just be patient and wait to see if a deal falls in your lap. If you are here long enough then someone will need money bad enough to make you an offer that is hard to refuse.
I think i would have my farther inlaw buy the land & then sell it to my wife for really cheep (1 peso)I would want a bunch of pictures , but i would never show my face to the guy sellingno point in paying the "kano price"you make a good point Dave it will probably be tough to sellI would probably just leave it to our kids , I don't think they will let me take it with me :) I wouldn't figure on farm land demanding much in the way of taxes so that's goodit would be nice to get something with trees that will produce some kind of crop even if i did rent the trees to alocal. Oh also thanks for the land prices Art piglett

Bill Bernard
Posted
Posted
This is a question every filipino asks when they see a foreigner with land. It seems so 'nosey' to me. I always lie when I answer that one, or I just evade the question. It would be just as rude as they are being to tell them it is none of their business. They also ask how much I earn each month which I give the same consideration to. Land is worth whatever you want to pay for it. Keep in mind that chances of selling it again are slim so how much are you willing to pay for the land knowing that you will likely never see that money again. Ask what your reasons are for buying it. I would suggest that security for your wife or a farming income for your wife are good reasons. What is that worth to you? When you decide that then go shopping to see what you can get with that money. Or just be patient and wait to see if a deal falls in your lap. If you are here long enough then someone will need money bad enough to make you an offer that is hard to refuse.
Land in the Philippines is actually quite expensive compared to the average income. I guess it is supply and demand, but it is pricey. My wife has some land, a couple of small houses, and we bought a building lot from family rather than loan them money. However, look at it like betting, dont bet more than you are comfortable loosing, because you never know what is lurking. Check out Florida or Arizona prices, and compare. Canadian housing prices are much higher, but I think US residence could buy a Florida house, and rent it out to get funds to pay for Cebu rent, and keep your security where it should be. Bill

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
This is a question every filipino asks when they see a foreigner with land. It seems so 'nosey' to me. I always lie when I answer that one, or I just evade the question. It would be just as rude as they are being to tell them it is none of their business. They also ask how much I earn each month which I give the same consideration to. Land is worth whatever you want to pay for it. Keep in mind that chances of selling it again are slim so how much are you willing to pay for the land knowing that you will likely never see that money again. Ask what your reasons are for buying it. I would suggest that security for your wife or a farming income for your wife are good reasons. What is that worth to you? When you decide that then go shopping to see what you can get with that money. Or just be patient and wait to see if a deal falls in your lap. If you are here long enough then someone will need money bad enough to make you an offer that is hard to refuse.
Land in the Philippines is actually quite expensive compared to the average income. I guess it is supply and demand, but it is pricey. My wife has some land, a couple of small houses, and we bought a building lot from family rather than loan them money. However, look at it like betting, dont bet more than you are comfortable loosing, because you never know what is lurking. Check out Florida or Arizona prices, and compare. Canadian housing prices are much higher, but I think US residence could buy a Florida house, and rent it out to get funds to pay for Cebu rent, and keep your security where it should be. Bill
Filipinos are just inquisitive and nosy by nature! Maybe they're just looking out for your best interest and well being while putting some of your money into their pockets, within reason of course! mocking.gif Edited by Art2ro

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

i do own quite a few lots in various places but mostly mindanao. i lost and cannot resell only one of them which i bought as such:costed 5000$ and the size was 2700m2 (m2 not ft2), by the beach front. the 5000$ was agreed to be paid in 10 gives. It was at mindanao, i was at manila and only went there to see it after i bought it...how clever!!! anyway when i finally got there, seen it i made one only comment "it is my first and last time i come here to this middle of nowhere, take me somewhere for shrimps and beer now"The rest of the lots i did pretty good on them. Specialy one the price has been 5 times up since i first bought it 7 years ago. They keep on asking me to sell it for 3 or 4 times to what i paid back then i keep on saying no since i do not need the money. The other lots i lost nothing, i do not want to sell them and i do have plans for them for my golden years.I wouldn't advise to buy land unless you do not mind having a title paper costing as much as your land. if you plan to use it...buy it. For investment is a double cut knife...the risk is yours.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I find that the Island Properties web site and Graces Real Estate sites can be used as a guide of how much some people seem to think their properties are worth, yet none the less, a guide of what people try to charge foreigners and internet buyers for their property. With that said, I have found some deals on there from time to time, when someone really wanted to sell their property at a real price. Maybe those sites can be used as a reference point.