Diabetic Meds And Eye Care

Retirednlovinit
Posted
Posted

Good dayI am thinking of moving from Thailand to the Philippines. I am diabetic and require lusulin and other meds. I also have eye problems relater to diabetes.Is insulin readily available and cheap? Do any of you have diabetic eye problems and use a good doctor?I will be in Manila and/or CebuThanks for any repliesBob

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Here's a list and cost of my diabetic medication from Mercury Drug store:Diabetic medication from Mercury Drug Store METFORMIN (Glucophage) 1,000 MG ORAL TABInstructions: Take 1 Tablet Orally 2 Times A Day ......................P23.50 per tabletSIMVASTATIN (Zocor) 40 MG ORAL TABInstructions: Take 1 Tablet Orally 2 Times A Day.......................P34.75 per tabletGLIPIZIDE (Glucdotrol or Minidiab OD) 10 MG ORAL TABInstructions: Take 2 Tablets Orally 2 Times A Day.....................P34.75 per tabletBD INSULIN SYRINGE ULTRA-FINE 1/2 ML 30 X 1/2" .............P9.75 10eaInstructions: Single injection use each evening at bed timeINSULIN NOVOLIN N (Humilin N NPH) 100 UNIT/MLInstructions: Inject 15 Units at bed time ....................................P1,340.50 100MLGo to this Mercury website for price inquiry of other meds:https://www.mercuryd...ne/inquiry.htmlSorry, I have no information about eye care due to diabetes

• Like 1

Retirednlovinit
Posted
Posted
Here's a list and cost of my diabetic medication from Mercury Drug store:Diabetic medication from Mercury Drug Store METFORMIN (Glucophage) 1,000 MG ORAL TABInstructions: Take 1 Tablet Orally 2 Times A Day ......................P23.50 per tabletSIMVASTATIN (Zocor) 40 MG ORAL TABInstructions: Take 1 Tablet Orally 2 Times A Day.......................P34.75 per tabletGLIPIZIDE (Glucdotrol or Minidiab OD) 10 MG ORAL TABInstructions: Take 2 Tablets Orally 2 Times A Day.....................P34.75 per tabletBD INSULIN SYRINGE ULTRA-FINE 1/2 ML 30 X 1/2" .............P9.75 10eaInstructions: Single injection use each evening at bed timeINSULIN NOVOLIN N (Humilin N NPH) 100 UNIT/MLInstructions: Inject 15 Units at bed time ....................................P1,340.50 100MLGo to this Mercury website for price inquiry of other meds:https://www.mercuryd...ne/inquiry.htmlSorry, I have no information about eye care due to diabetes
Thanks for this info. I saw somewhere else meds were very expensive there.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

here is a site that may be of some help.http://rxpinoy.com/use the DOCTOR SEARCH for the type of Dr. you seek,some profiles ,you can send a email ,to ask a question, response time may take a few days, in the past when i have used it , has been helpful.this site is not updated alot yet the info it still is relevant ,maybe you will feel more comfortable with someone who has a US background.ALSO on the american embassy website, ,,, you will have to go DEEP inside, they have a Listing of Doctors, and other Professionals who can assist , ,And YES Some medications here are QUITE expensive compared to Thailand, Europe & even the USA

Edited by Kuya Lee
repair link

Inspector
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you have medical conditions, and are choosing expat life between Thailand or the Philippines based on that, with no wife of filipino descent ...head to Thailand, and never look back. I just had a detached retina done in the states, that I got in the Philippines...they couldn't do this surgery even if they wanted. The fact you have diabetes and eye problems, I am almost ordering you to stay far away from the Philippines. :lol:Thailand has hospitals considered tops in the entire world, let alone third world countries. Medical tourism creates that, so it starts with old ladies and face lifts, and ends up with cheap bypass procedures. Remember, medical concerns should be of top priority when choosing a place to retire, especially with the retired ages of so many. :yes:On edit after rereading...I see you are moving FROM thailand. Hope you can accept my apologies my fellow eye problem poster. Now I am ordering you to STAY in Thailand. :whistling:

Edited by Inspector

• 2 months later...
gapotwo
Posted
Posted
Here's a list and cost of my diabetic medication from Mercury Drug store: Diabetic medication from Mercury Drug Store METFORMIN (Glucophage) 1,000 MG ORAL TABInstructions: Take 1 Tablet Orally 2 Times A Day ......................P23.50 per tablet SIMVASTATIN (Zocor) 40 MG ORAL TABInstructions: Take 1 Tablet Orally 2 Times A Day.......................P34.75 per tablet GLIPIZIDE (Glucdotrol or Minidiab OD) 10 MG ORAL TABInstructions: Take 2 Tablets Orally 2 Times A Day.....................P34.75 per tablet BD INSULIN SYRINGE ULTRA-FINE 1/2 ML 30 X 1/2" .............P9.75 10eaInstructions: Single injection use each evening at bed time INSULIN NOVOLIN N (Humilin N NPH) 100 UNIT/MLInstructions: Inject 15 Units at bed time ....................................P1,340.50 100ML Go to this Mercury website for price inquiry of other meds:https://www.mercuryd...ne/inquiry.html Sorry, I have no information about eye care due to diabetes
Geez Art. im only on glipizide 10mg. twice daily and i was worried if it was avail. in the pinas. thanks for the info. stay well. :89: tanks ej.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

From what I've read, learned in diabetes classes or been told by my doctors, that diabetes affects a lot of our internal organs in different ways and it differs from one person to the next. That's why a full battery of lab tests are performed at least every 6 months to determine the nature of our vitals to determine what medications will combat or control the abnormal functions of certain organs like our kidneys and liver that have been affected due to the diabetic condition due to high cholesterol levels or whatever related to diabetes type 1 or 2! All one can do is get familiar with their condition, take your medications and constantly monitor your blood sugar. They also say that a correct diet and exercise helps and some say that it may eliminate one's diabetes, but I'm not sure on that statement I heard from some one!

• Like 2