Respect..is It Mutual?

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

I see some posts here about respecting people of the P'pines at all times.Is that because we should fear repurcussions if we don't?Are we to be afraid to stand up for our values or let them disentegrate in fear of being killed, whatever?Where is the mutual respect? Is there any?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I see some posts here about respecting people of the P'pines at all times.Is that because we should fear repurcussions if we don't?Are we to be afraid to stand up for our values or let them disentegrate in fear of being killed, whatever?Where is the mutual respect? Is there any?
Simply treat others the way you wish to be treated.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Simply treat others the way you wish to be treated.
That's why I respect you Dan! You treat members on this forum with respect and kindness and it's a good feeling to call you my friend even though we haven't met or know one another personally! Jake, I've met in person last year and he's now my SS Buddy for life! AddEmoticons04230.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
As I read this, its your values not theirs we are talking about. Do you think that the world has the same values all over and they should all be the same as yours?Lets turn it around,if a Filipino arrives in Australia do you think that you should change your values or him?my guess you would say him.But why,its not his country but you think those in their country should have the values of yours.

Jake
Posted
Posted
In most cases, respect must be earned and NOT dictated or argued by saying -- "it's my way, or the highway" or words to that effect. If one goes around with a chip on his shoulder simply because of superiority complex (taller, whiter, blacker, richer, whatever......),your relationship with your spouse, girlfriend or the society in which you deal with from day to day, will definitely make you out as abigger target ("stand up for our values"). It only takes one message to the local NPA to have a black ribbon tied to your door. It is a polite but serious warning. It is the Philippines, take it or leave it! Revenge is sweet served on a cold plate, spiced with soy sauce.And just to balance this out, the same arrogant attitude being projected in most streets of Los Angeles will get you without warning. It is southern California, take it or leave.Jake

• 4 weeks later...
roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

I don't expect anyone to earn respect from me. I respect all from the word 'go'. However, that respect will diminish if the person abuses it.