If The World Was Going To End

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Maybe I am getting sentimental in my old age, but I have seen so many of the people I know pass away in the last couple of years, and with never having achieved their goals or dreams in life. I wonder how many of us who keep putting off our dreams, would do something different if we knew the world was going to end one day in the future, as possibly predicted by the Nostradamus and the end of Mayan calendar etc. No I am not saying it will, I am just wondering if the old adage "don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today" might apply for some of us. :unsure: Do any of us actually believe that if the governments of the world knew the end might be coming, that they would actually tell us? I know that I do not believe they would. OK so what set this off in my poor little pea brain on this thought trend, I keep reading of asteroid close calls on the news and this story Giant asteroid could hit Earth in 2014 got me thinking about my life. NASA Readies for July Encounter With Massive Asteroid Vesta

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Asteroid to Give Earth a Close Shave Monday

Here's something to dwell on as you head to work on Monday morning: A small asteroid the size of a tour bus will make an extremely close pass by the Earth at about that time, but it poses no threat to the planet. The asteroid will make its closest approach at 9:26 a.m. EDT (1326 GMT) on June 27 and will pass just over 7,500 miles (12,000 kilometers) above the Earth's surface

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Asteroid to Give Earth a Close Shave Monday

Here's something to dwell on as you head to work on Monday morning: A small asteroid the size of a tour bus will make an extremely close pass by the Earth at about that time, but it poses no threat to the planet. The asteroid will make its closest approach at 9:26 a.m. EDT (1326 GMT) on June 27 and will pass just over 7,500 miles (12,000 kilometers) above the Earth's surface

You have to think about the fact that this sort of thing has been going on for millions of years. Anyway if we ever collide with the moon at least we will get to taste the cheese,everyone knows the moon is made of cheese.photo-109.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
[You have to think about the fact that this sort of thing has been going on for millions of years. Anyway if we ever collide with the moon at least we will get to taste the cheese,everyone knows the moon is made of cheese.photo-109.gif
Well I do not think the world is going to end anytime soon, but since today is a given and tomorrow is an unknown, maybe we all need to at least give some thoughts to our dreams and desires and work towards their direction. OH BTW, I like cheese. :unsure:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

As of now we're pretty much happy and content with our simple retirement here in the Philippines, if only we had a few thousands of dollars more each month, more the merrier! We're just simple folks, not greedy! I'm just not a "what if" type of person! I'm just happy to be out of the human "rat race" and not have to wake up to an alarm clock, go to work and earn enough money just to barely pay the bills, been there, done that!

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

On the day before last, i would invite everyone to a big party at my house, and have steaks beer balut ,and lots of boom boom girls, im a simple kind of guy.and go out with a big bang. :lol: :unsure: tanks EJ.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted
As of now we're pretty much happy and content with our simple retirement here in the Philippines, if only we had a few thousands of dollars more each month, more the merrier! We're just simple folks, not greedy! I'm just not a "what if" type of person! I'm just happy to be out of the human "rat race" and not have to wake up to an alarm clock, go to work and earn enough money just to barely pay the bills, been there, done that!
My sentiments exactly

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
On the day before last, i would invite everyone to a big party at my house, and have steaks beer balut ,and lots of boom boom girls, im a simple kind of guy.and go out with a big bang. :as-if: :cheers: tanks EJ.
th_thbestpost.gif E.J., OK! Jake and I will be there without the Mrs., we'll see them in the next afterlife! Maybe not! We're two simple kind of guys too! Bring on the boom boom girls, basket of balut, steaks and beers, not necessarily in that order!mocking.gif