How Humiliating

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wonder at what point these TSA people will use their heads in dealing with people instead of acting like the gestapo. I feel bad for this lady and what they put her through. ohmy.gifTSA Pats Down Cancer-Stricken 95-Year-Old Woman, Removes Adult Diaper TSA security officers at Florida's Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport patted down a cancer-stricken, 95-year-old woman and forcibly removed her adult diaper during the search

Candyman
Posted
Posted

There is absolutely no good reason to treat anyone this way let alone an old lady like that ! The world has gone mad with this over zealous crap in the name of anti terrorism ! What were they expecting to find,.............a stink bomb ?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

th_thholysheep.gif That's truly sad! SugarwareZ-034.gif508.gifLet alone embarrassing and disgusting on TSA's part! I know they were just doing their jobs!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I know they were just doing their jobs!
I disagree. Sometimes saying "I was just following orders" does not cut it. That is on the verge of being abuse and that is a crime.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I know they were just doing their jobs!
I disagree. Sometimes saying "I was just following orders" does not cut it. That is on the verge of being abuse and that is a crime.
Dave,You will only know for sure if it is abuse or a crime if you yourself will volunteer to wear some adult diapers and test TSA's inspection techniques the next time you go through their screening process! Let us all know how it went! No pun intended, just curious how TSA will treat you!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I am sorry guys but there is the letter of the law, or in this case the rules, and then there is the intent of the rules or law, so the intent is to keep people from blowing up planes or hijacking them, and I just do not see a sick 95 year old white American lady using her stinky depends to blow up the plane. Those TSA people are just not using their god given brain and have become too narrow minded IMHO.

RetiredNavyGuy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Personally, I have a much darker view. They are the spear tip for getting Americans used to being controlled like cattle. They sometimes even set up these check points for passengers coming OFF the planes...explain that from an anti-terror point of view. The US is trying hard to become a police state to go along with the nanny state. There are many more examples than just the TSA crap. Think of the IRS, who USED to be called America's Gestapo (and still has that power and authority...wonder if the TSA is a diversion), or the checkpoints on major highways, currently run by the border patrol but literally hundreds of miles away from the border, or the abandonment of thousands of square miles of Arizona to the illegal immigrants and the drug cartels. That's just the tip of the iceberg, sorta speak.If Americans do the same thing they have been doing for years, they will slowly adapt and the outrage will subside. Then, the government can ramp it up another notch. Two things come to mind. First, Ben Franklin's observation that those who would trade liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor security. ...and second, the story about frogs - it you place frogs in cold water and slowly heat the water, the frogs will boil to death.When the TSA was first started, I complained, loudly, on another board, and was told I was overreacting. Wonder how the people who said that back then feel about the TSA now. If we continue to let our civil liberties be eroded and refuse to become involved because, after all, it doesn't effect me...the time that when it does effect you, there will be no one left to help you. Added paragraph: I just finished reading an article that Texas had introduced a bill to hold TSA agents criminally liable for groping, or other normally unacceptable behavior. The TSA's response was to threaten to cancel all flights out of Texas. Anybody who still thinks America is a free country needs to read this again.I'm afraid America is very close that point now.

Edited by RetiredNavyGuy

Garpo
Posted
Posted

This really is a sad situation but, I also read in the news about the Talaban tricking an 8 year old child into being a suicide bomber. I don't pretend to have the answers but I know that if I have to give up part of my freedom ot not being searched for possible weapons when I get on an airplane in order for to stop others from getting weapons on a plane then I will do it. 9/11 changed the world and because of it many freedoms and privacy have been taken away (probably forever). I feel for the elderly person being searched but I also know that if one of my family or loved ones was at the same airport on the same day that I would be somewhat happy to know that the TSA was checking for every and anything. At least we still have the freedom to decide if we want to fly, drive, take a train, or whatever. At least for now!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

A nice attempt from Texas, but a no go! http://boingboing.ne...-tsa-grope.htmlTexas anti-TSA-grope bill killed by threat to shut down all Texas airports

Cory Doctorow at 8:21 AM Thursday, May 26, 2011

It looks like the Texas bill to make it illegal to perform TSA-style grope-searches without suspicion is dead, thanks to TSA officials who promised to shut down Texas airports if the bill went through.SugarwareZ-034.gifSo, the diaper saga continues! I don't get though, they already have the body scanners and portable handheld body scanners! So why the groping? Looking for surgically implanted bombs in the body or gerbils in one's orifice?

Edited by Art2ro