Filipinas Prefer Western Men As Husbands

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

In your personal experiences what reason has been given by a Filipina who is seeking a Western man as a husband?Opportunities?Security?Mother of mixed babies?Love?Green card or equivalents? A faithful husband?What is the strangest reason you ever heard? What is the best?My wife said she had dated some nice Filipino guys but at age 35 had not found the right man. She said when she “found” me she knew she had found the right guy. Today I think her reasons at the time were a mixture of love, security and opportunities. Soon after our first child it was all about having mixed babies! I’ll give some more examples if this topic takes off.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
In your personal experiences what reason has been given by a Filipina who is seeking a Western man as a husband?Opportunities?Security?Mother of mixed babies?Love? A faithful husband?What is the strangest reason you ever heard? What is the best?
With me it was all about my good looks. :emostrongbow: Actually it took three years of getting to know each other before we got married, so I think by that time we were both pretty much in love, yet the love did grow as the relationship grew. So, actually all of the above probably came into play at the beginning, and then love worked into the picture. I believe a lot of relationships are based on God sent you to me, because I have heard that many times from ladies who got into these relationships. The strangest I heard from a couple of women who my wife and I met was that they did not wish to be punching bags, so did not wish to marry Filipinos, so I think many Filipinos get a bad rap on that, and it is probably just like the myth that we marry these women, and then bring them to our country, and then insure them and then kill them. SugarwareZ-037.gif
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

what reason has been given by a Filipina who is seeking a Western man as a husband?
1. Father advised her to marry a foreigner to have a better life. 2. Thinks Caucasion men and their sired children are good looking in general. 3. Friends and aquaintances who have married foreigners act very 'high' and keeping up means finding a foreigner. 4. Men who make it all the way to the Philippines with enough money to support themselves are seen as a good catch. More points for anyone who does not drink too much, smell too bad, smoke, womanize, or hit (except spankings are good fun) These are some of the reasons I get told. As a side note, I found all these reasons good enough to accept that she loves me but in none of these reasons does age of the foreigner play a part. In fact point 4 tends to disqualify any 'young' western males who may want a filipina bride. Edited by Dave Hounddriver

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
what reason has been given by a Filipina who is seeking a Western man as a husband?
1. Father advised her to marry a foreigner to have a better life.2. Thinks Caucasion men and their sired children are good looking in general.3. Friends and aquaintances who have married foreigners act very 'high' and keeping up means finding a foreigner.4. Men who make it all the way to the Philippines with enough money to support themselves are seen as a good catch. More points for anyone who does not drink too much, smell too bad, smoke, womanize, or hit (except spankings are good fun)These are some of the reasons I get told. As a side note, I found all these reasons good enough to accept that she loves me but in none of these reasons does age of the foreigner play a part. In fact point 4 tends to disqualify any 'young' western males who may want a filipina bride.
Dave, I had not thought about it that way, you make a good point about older men being secure financially thus the attraction of younger ladies and not in a gold digger manor simply knowing they will be secure.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
1. Father advised her to marry a foreigner to have a better life.2. Thinks Caucasion men and their sired children are good looking in general.3. Friends and aquaintances who have married foreigners act very 'high' and keeping up means finding a foreigner.4. Men who make it all the way to the Philippines with enough money to support themselves are seen as a good catch. More points for anyone who does not drink too much, smell too bad, smoke, womanize, or hit (except spankings are good fun)These are some of the reasons I get told. As a side note, I found all these reasons good enough to accept that she loves me but in none of these reasons does age of the foreigner play a part. In fact point 4 tends to disqualify any 'young' western males who may want a filipina bride.
Dave, I had not thought about it that way, you make a good point about older men being secure financially thus the attraction of younger ladies and not in a gold digger manor simply knowing they will be secure.
I dunno.... If you hang out with US soldiers abroad, you'll still find a lot of them young guys married to Filipinas. The reason you don't see so many young guys married to Filipinas is because young guys, in general, are not looking for anything serious. A Filipina, in general, throws up a lot of red flags for young guys in the sense of wanting marriage and children. This, alone, is enough to scare away young guys. I often get asked by older Filipino MEN if I have any young foreign friends like myself who are available for their daughters or neices. I smile and say I'll look, but I know there's not a chance in hell that 90% of the young guys I know are going to go to the Philippines HOPING to get married. Mostly they'll just go for beaches, and if they fall in love, it's probably by accident, as was the the case with me.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

It’s not initially a preference per say by a Filipina at a young age, they know nothing about foreigners! It’s just usually because of their up bringing later in their lives or by chance of meeting a foreigner who just happens to be in the Philippines or herself in another country and weather the guys be young or an older man or she was singled out by a foreigner on an on-line dating service. The Filipino culture as a norm, is that they usually marry their own kind, but ever since interracial marriages came about when Filipinos were exposed to foreigners during the conquest of the Spaniards in the Pacific Islands up to WWII, the Korean War and during the Viet Nam crisis and of today‘s tourists and retirees from every part the world, the Filipina now has more opportunities to better their lives by marrying some one with means weather be it a foreigner or a Filipino and her immediate family benefits also by the marriage! So, every Filipina has their own reasons for marrying a foreigner or a Filipino and all of the reasons mentioned here is just all of the possibilities available to them! It’s their lives, their choices what‘s best for them and their immediate family! The Filipina and her immediate family is the total package, one has to accept and embrace them whole heartily for better or for worst! Take it or leave it!

Edited by Art2ro