Hahahahaha .... What A Joke

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well chalk another first up for M$ ..... several weeks ago I HAD to upgrade my M$ Mail to their new version .... no choice as in the past ... just had to ...... so after grumbling about all the changes and all the features they changed (for their benefit I might add) ...... I settled in to using my new mail program ...... 2 days ago I suddenly get a message that I need to sign in with my password and ID ..... OK no big deal have had to do it before ..... as I'm sure most of you have .....Well low and behold for some strange reason it would not except my password ...... same one I have been using for years ..... I tried and tried all different combos until the dreaded message about you have tried to many times and you are locked out ...... BUT ..... there is a nice little message under your password box that says " forgot your password???" ........ we've all seen it I'm sure ...... So I click on it and sure enough go through all the instructions ........ only to receive this momentous message ...... A COPY OF YOUR PASSWORD WILL BE FORWARDED TO YOU EMAIL ACCOUNT ....... HUH ...... WTF ........ now what good will that do ...... I can't log into my email account because my password doesn't work ....... do these embiciles lay awake at night coming up with this crap ........ they have to ... no one is that stupid ...... Now they do have a way around this but only if you have access to your email account ...... list a back-up email address ....... now this option was not listed in the old version or if it was I missed it ....... So how did I get around this problem ...... I fired up my laptop and using the same password that was on my desktop got into my email program and promptly changed my password and added an additional email address for further up-grades by the well thinking M$ development team ...... I also keep getting this message "you need to upgrade your browser ..... it is out of date and may not work correctly" ........ hog-wash I am using the very latest version of Firefox as it updates atomically ........ but then I'm not using M$ Internet Explorer ....... There are other problems and this new version of M$ email program it is very unstable and have sent nurmous emails to M$ but of coarse they don't answer .... never have figured out why they have a feedback address I think it is the big black dumpster out back near the complain dept ...... wish I could switch back but it won't let me ...... maybe they are just trying to make Vista look better ...... hahahahaha

Mik
Posted
Posted

I use yahoo for email. They also filter out most of the spam and put it into a spam folder.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I use yahoo for email. They also filter out most of the spam and put it into a spam folder.
I use yahoo too, But I find their spam filter is useless.They are also no help when something go's wrong like my recently hacked email. As for yahoo "groups" support its a joke,after spending over 2 years building up a group and then someone hacks it and takes over, yahoo wont do a thing.Yahoo can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned.Now Ive got that off my chest I can breath easier :)

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yes I have several email accounts for various types of mail ...... none are what I would call great ......

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

The absolute best free email that I know of is gmail. It's heads above the others in features and functionality.

retired
Posted
Posted
The absolute best free email that I know of is gmail. It's heads above the others in features and functionality.
I am with Bob on this one as i find Gmail to be right on though i sometimes have a hard time getting into it . Keep getting this strange message about " certificate " of something or other not being recognized ?And while i am in a computer thread any ideas on where to look for recurring problem with mouse not responding as screen seems to lock up when on line and mouse won't function . Usually happens if i have more than one on line connection going . ?Hey , maybe i need to feed the mouse more cheese ? :th_interesting:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I am with Bob on this one as i find Gmail to be right on though i sometimes have a hard time getting into it . Keep getting this strange message about " certificate " of something or other not being recognized ?And while i am in a computer thread any ideas on where to look for recurring problem with mouse not responding as screen seems to lock up when on line and mouse won't function . Usually happens if i have more than one on line connection going . ?Hey , maybe i need to feed the mouse more cheese ? :th_interesting:
In the early days of this forum we had a huge spam problem until IPB changed the security feature,anyway most email of spammers was either from Russia or a gmail account?Perhaps your computer problem could be lack of memory left? Sometimes that will freeze the browser.Try a free program I use often to clean up the unnecessary stuff http://www.ccleaner.com/

On-in-2
Posted
Posted
And while i am in a computer thread any ideas on where to look for recurring problem with mouse not responding as screen seems to lock up when on line and mouse won't function . Usually happens if i have more than one on line connection going . ?Hey , maybe i need to feed the mouse more cheese ? :any-help:
I've often seen this problem caused by nothing more than an outdated video driver. If you go to the website of your video card...you can download an update for free.No guarantees, but I've seen it work on this problem before.Pete