Having Children At This Age

Garpo
Posted
Posted

I am 56 years old and much older than my filipina wife. I thought I was done having kids many years ago in prior marriage in the US and before I moved here to the Philippines and married here. My wife now wants children and I would like to hear any remarks or comments from other in the similar situation as me who have had children here in the Philippines and at such an old age. I think I would love to have a child or two with my wife but am concerned about leaving this life before they were raised and still young. I got fixed when I was 25 years old because I thought I had all the kids that I wanted so I am not sure what the costs would be if and when I decide to have children with my filipina wife.What are your thoughts and or comments?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Do the math. your 56 in 2011, if your "children" are born in 2012, your now 57, when they are 10yo =2022 ,your 6715yo=2027 your 7220yo=2033 your 82. would you have enough "assets" to make sure they would be taken care of.college? normal year to year expenses? do you have a WILL?will they children have RP or your country citizenship?will they live here or home country? how is your current health? how was the health of your parents?did they live a long time or passed away before 60? 65?please dont feel pressured by having a child just to make your partner/wife happy?you will laugh as others of the forum will.(perhaps be even banned) TRY this ..Buy a small pet . raise this for a yr. then if your still ready. Go ahead. start the family...with a "pet" they will not ask for ------------- 1%20%2860%29.gif

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Do the math. your 56 in 2011, if your "children" are born in 2012, your now 57, when they are 10yo =2022 ,your 6715yo=2027 your 7220yo=2033 your 82
Actually you'd be 77 when your kid is 20 and I know many very happy families where this has happened. Then again, I know many guys who sired kids at age 65 or older and then died before the kids started school.Is there a lot of difference between that and a young guy who runs off before the kids get older? Maybe one. I remember reading that the older a man gets the more likely he is to sire a child with genetic abnormalities, like missing a finger etc.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I am 56 years old and much older than my filipina wife. I thought I was done having kids many years ago in prior marriage in the US and before I moved here to the Philippines and married here. My wife now wants children and I would like to hear any remarks or comments from other in the similar situation as me who have had children here in the Philippines and at such an old age. I think I would love to have a child or two with my wife but am concerned about leaving this life before they were raised and still young. I got fixed when I was 25 years old because I thought I had all the kids that I wanted so I am not sure what the costs would be if and when I decide to have children with my filipina wife.What are your thoughts and or comments?
I have found that the peer pressure from Filipina to Filipina is very great while in the Philippines. and even anywhere else you run into Filipinas in the world. The first or possibly the second question asked is "how many children do you have" and the second comment made when told you do not and cannot have children is, "what beautiful children you two would make." I had a vasectomy years before I met my wife and she accepted that we would not be having children, so if your wife accepted you as you were and she understood that you could not have children, then IMO do not have them just because it is no doubt being made hard on her by other Filipinas, yet if you and she want children and can provide for them for their future, then think long and hard about some of the things ed listed above because we would be old when the kids are teenagers and maybe not be around when they need us most to guide them in their lives, so the choice was easy for me after I got divorced from my first wife, thus I had a vasectomy, and while I would love to make my wife happy, having children would not be for me and especially in this currently crazy uncertain world. More couples nowadays are opting out than ever before, and IMO it is because of the current world situations.