Ofw's

Garpo
Posted
Posted

My wifes father is a OFW and has been working in another country for the past 19 years while coming back to the Philippines four times during the 19 years. He has at time sent money home to his wife and family but it has been rare and far between. He has gone years at a time without sending any money at all. When he has sent money he usually only sends small amounts like 5 to 10 thousand peso.He has continued for years to say that he does not make enough money to send home and has also refused to every provide any information on just how much he actually does make. He has been working for a car company plant for over 19 years now and has admitted (braged) that he now is the boss of many people at the plant. He is now planning to come back to the Philippines in October and has demanded that his wife and my wife give him a house (not worth much), a motorbike that was bought on credit by him and payments left to his wife while he was gone. He has stated that he will file a case if the things are not returned to him when he gets here. My mother in-law does not want anything to do with him when he gets here and would be happy with never seeing him again as it has been his history to use her as a punching bag and at times had even tortured her (waterboarding).I will try to make this short! Is it true that OFW's are required to send money home to the Philippines to keep their OFW status? Can the family refuse to give him any property without legal problems? This guy is a real piece of work. Once he found out his daughter married a "Kano" he starting calling and claiming what a great father he has been and that his daughter owes him for everything that she has. He then asked if I would buy him a car when he gets here so that he will have means of traveling around.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

th_thholysheep.gif What a piece of (sh&t) work alright! SugarwareZ-034.gifMove as far away as you can ASAP! You have no obligations to that kind of piece of work, unless you have some kind of a contract with him saying you owe him this and that!

Candyman
Posted
Posted
My wifes father is a OFW and has been working in another country for the past 19 years while coming back to the Philippines four times during the 19 years. He has at time sent money home to his wife and family but it has been rare and far between. He has gone years at a time without sending any money at all. When he has sent money he usually only sends small amounts like 5 to 10 thousand peso.He has continued for years to say that he does not make enough money to send home and has also refused to every provide any information on just how much he actually does make. He has been working for a car company plant for over 19 years now and has admitted (braged) that he now is the boss of many people at the plant. He is now planning to come back to the Philippines in October and has demanded that his wife and my wife give him a house (not worth much), a motorbike that was bought on credit by him and payments left to his wife while he was gone. He has stated that he will file a case if the things are not returned to him when he gets here. My mother in-law does not want anything to do with him when he gets here and would be happy with never seeing him again as it has been his history to use her as a punching bag and at times had even tortured her (waterboarding).I will try to make this short! Is it true that OFW's are required to send money home to the Philippines to keep their OFW status? Can the family refuse to give him any property without legal problems? This guy is a real piece of work. Once he found out his daughter married a "Kano" he starting calling and claiming what a great father he has been and that his daughter owes him for everything that she has. He then asked if I would buy him a car when he gets here so that he will have means of traveling around.
I've heard the lot now ! As far as I can see, he has virtually abandoned his family years ago, and as such, I would not have a thing to do with him ! Even if you had to relocate the family somewhere, just so as YOU can have a stress free existance. I am afraid i would have a very hard time, controlling my temper, if I was in close contact with this piece of sh*t !............................................................Then, as everybody knows, the 'foriegner" is always in the wrong and any physical actions you take would be sure to come back and bite you on the bum !

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Not sure, but I think they're not obligated to send money home. Most of them don't make much worth sending back, after being taxed by the agent. Then you got OFW's not being paid for 6 months at a time. And who's to say that all OFW's have families to send to? I don't think that's a law, and if I'm wrong, I'd be surprised.