Worked To Death To Send Money Home

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

It seems obvious to me that this poor woman felt the demands on her to the extent that she no longer took care of herself and possibly finally gave up. Well that is how I read it and the demands of the family IMO need to be cut back so OFW and those married to foreigners can have a life and future of their own. Mrs. Clarke “worked for some time leading a very modest life so she could send all her hard-earned income to her sister and mother in the Philippines. However, she had her unfortunate share of miseries in life and was forced to lead a miser’s life to the extent of requesting an acquaintance to accommodate her for food and housing.”“The 45-year-old lady met her untimely death sometime in the first week of June and the cause of death is still a mystery up to this time. The family in the Philippines was able to trace her whereabouts through the kindness of the Towson Presbyterian Church. Katipunan Inc.’s president Helen Sadorra brought the case to the attention of the Migrant Heritage Commission (MHC),” Valera said. The complete story HERE

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Sad she died alone from the sounds of it all. one can only speculate as to why the woman divorced. The statement from the article below puts it in perspective for me.She said that Mrs. Clarke “worked for some time leading a very modest life so she could send all her hard-earned income to her sister and mother in the Philippines. However, she had her unfortunate share of miseries in life and was forced to lead a miser’s life to the extent of requesting an acquaintance to accommodate her for food and housing.”

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Yes, it's a shame.Goes to show the varying outlooks of OFW's.My ex worked hard to send money home...not to detriment of her health, and yet others in the same town would send bugger all and gamble their pay away.And Joy's brother works o'seas and won't send a dime back for his mother who is ageing and not in particularly good health.