Marco Polo Plaza

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted (edited)

Have heard this place mentioned on the radio a few times.Have never been there....Has anybody been there?What is there?

Edited by roy2cebu

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Have heard this place mentioned on the radio a few times.Have never been there....Has anybody been there?What is there?
Hi Roy, yes we have eaten there a few times and they put on a pretty good buffet but a little pricey. Last year my friend Frank took us there for his birthday and for helping him get his condo upgraded and saving him lots of money along the way, so he made a post about it HERE because he was quite pleased with the place. Another one worth trying which is not quite as expensive and easier to get to is Parklane Hotel which is pretty close to Ayala mall, and they have a buffet that is pretty good but not as big a selection as Marco Polo, but more than enough for my wife and I to make us very happy and at a lower price, I made a post about it HERE. Then last if you like entertainment and a buffet then you might wish to try Elizabeth Hotel, Tom, his wife Ann and my wife and I tried it out for Ann's birthday and the entertainment was excellent and the food was very good but not as big a selection as Parklane. I made a post about it HERE. If anyone is to try any of the places, it might be best to call first or stop by to make sure the prices and selection has not changed. Oh and for a hotel it is expensive since it is 5 stars. Anyone else that can add and give other opinions? Edited by Kuya Lee
add

Travis
Posted
Posted
I never stayed there to expensive but I did eat there 1 time to celebrate & it was very good with a large selection. it starts at 6 or did back then so don't get there too early or you will have to wait. also was hard to walk home from there where parklane or ayala was within walking distance to where I lived

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Marco Polo Hotel Cebu has the best buffet in Cebu City as far as I know. Waterfront has a larger buffet selection but the quality is slightly lower than Marco Polo. There are resorts on Mactan that better them both.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Thanks, so it's just a restaraunt? No shopping mall?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Thanks, so it's just a restaraunt? No shopping mall?
It is a hotel and restaurant and I believe some small rip off shops like most high end hotels have, but no not a mall.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Thanks Lee. Somehow I got impression it was a plaza with shops and many restaraunts.Anyway, are you due back anytime this year?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Thanks Lee. Somehow I got impression it was a plaza with shops and many restaraunts.Anyway, are you due back anytime this year?
The is a mall on the way up to Marco Polo called JY Square, but there was not too much in that mall the last time we were up there in May besides a Jollibee, a pharmacy, a bakery and some small shops, as I remember, but I may have missed some because we were there at night. We are always in Cebu etc from early year, and usually stay until the end of May, and some times other times during the year but so far no plans for a visit again this year since we just got back to Florida in late May. We might shoot for the end of this year to start our next long visit from then since air fares are getting kind of expensive. If you want other malls, there is a decent Gaisano Mall in Tabunok which is in Talisay and some fairly large Gaisanos and shops downtown Colon street, and then there is Park Mall in Mandaue, but none of the other malls are equal to SM or Ayala.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Ok Lee, thanks.Just wondering if you had that beer still in the fridge.....could scale the wall and grab one when passing....