Cebu City Philippines Call Center Jobs Inside Information?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

A family member will be starting a call center job shortly I do not know the company is is located in the metro Cebu City area. Do any forum members have direct knowledge of working conditions and the like? Not asking for job leads just general idea how the workers are treated and working conditions.

Jake
Posted
Posted
A family member will be starting a call center job shortly I do not know the company is is located in the metro Cebu City area. Do any forum members have direct knowledge of working conditions and the like? Not asking for job leads just general idea how the workers are treated and working conditions.
Hey Dan,I believe Papa Karl has intimate knowledge of call centers in general. He was upper management in Ortigas Call Center in Manilabut currently moving to Angeles City for another management position. I will invite him to this topic. In the meantime, here is anarticle from PDI about this job in PI: http://newsinfo.inqu...of-call-centersRespectfully -- Jake

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Hey Dan,I believe Papa Karl has intimate knowledge of call centers in general. He was upper management in Ortigas Call Center in Manilabut currently moving to Angeles City for another management position. I will invite him to this topic. In the meantime, here is anarticle from PDI about this job in PI: http://newsinfo.inqu...of-call-centersRespectfully -- Jake
Thanks Jake, I had forgotten about Papa Karl. Good info on that link!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine worked in a call center,from my information they have to achieve a certain amount of sales each month or day, not sure which but conditions can be stressful.She is not working now after taking a few days off because of her Lola's death,her name was wiped off the board while away. Could be more to the story but she was making her requirements and doing well but they did not keep her.I have seen on TV a story about call centers and strict conditions regarding time limits to answer questions etc.English is a major requirement and its not easy to pass the test to get a job or start training.