Using a VPN

muddyleopard
Posted
Posted

Can anyone recommend a decent VPN that doesn't cost too much? I tried Expat shield but frankly it's pants.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
I just watch using a VPN online.
could you elaborate what is a VPN ONLINE? as I am not the smartest person in the world. 1.do you buy it at a sari sari store? C D KING?2.is it a web site.?..3. is it easy to use/operate? 4. do you have to use your computer? 5.can a child or any child(1 who is under age 10)use it without adult supervision? as cable tv one only has to turn on the TV unit, cable box if required, and watch. Here in the RP not everyone has a "FAST "connection . Edited by ed villas

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I just watch using a VPN online.
could you elaborate what is a VPN ONLINE? as I am not the smartest person in the world. 1.do you buy it at a sari sari store? C D KING?2.is it a web site.?..3. is it easy to use/operate? 4. do you have to use your computer? 5.can a child or any child(1 who is under age 10)use it without adult supervision? as cable tv one only has to turn on the TV unit, cable box if required, and watch. Here in the RP not everyone has a "FAST "connection .
Sorry Ed he will not be answering you because he and Blackrabbitz were the same member, and were spammers, so they are now banned.There are programs to hide your ip or there are proxy servers out there that do the same, the problem is that there is also software which can detect the use of those servers or software, and I know this because I have tested a few different ones and it was still possible for it to be detected that I was using them. One example was while I was in the Philippines and trying to use Hulu, they knew right off that I was using them. I have since investigated the detection and IMO it is more or less a waste of time to use anything such as that, unless you wish to dedicate one computer for just that purpose and use if for nothing else.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I guess I should have added that a VPN is a virtual private network and it would appear that that member worked selling for one of the companies that supplies access to them. What a VPN is supposed to do, is to give you an ip address inside the country you wish to use programs from, and most of those companies do not bother to check if your ip is real or not, yet since most of those companies that sell will give out similar or the same ip address to many people, after a while the providers of the programming get smart to their game and no longer allows that ip address access to their sites.