Would You Tell?

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

If you were aware of a foreigner being scammed....ie, met girl on internet, she has live in partner and kids, tells foreigner she single, etc, and takes money from him....would you inform the foreigner?Is this a prevalent occurrence?

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Problem with informing the "Foreigner" is them believing you. Emotions are involved. Ultimately becomes a very messy thing. If you live close by the lady that is taking money then I would make darn sure my name never came up about ratting them out!I know a few filipina women that have foreigner boy friends. They also have pinoy boyfriends. Obviously I am not going to set them up with any of my friends.Do a quick internet search on "philippine women scams" and see what you get. Cultural thing there when it comes to getting the money. So many bad stories out there about this subject.If living in the Philippines, I would have to say "stay quiet" about it. I am sure everyone else will to. Outside the Philippines. Just offer friendly advice and maybe point them to an internet search on the subject.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

would you inform the foreigner?
I know guys who have informed the foreigner but it turned out bad for the informer every single time. The victim WANTS to believe the girl so everyone who says anything bad about her becomes his enemy.I know from first hand experience. I was married to a scammer in the west and I turned on my own family rather than realize they were right about her.

No name
Posted
Posted

It is very common. Date in Asia, Badoo, PinaLove, FilipinoCupid are full of it.Many people form their opinion of the Philippines and Filipina after visiting those sites. They are not getting a sample of what the Philippines is like. Plus there are girls that will scam on those sites that won't do it in person.Most of them have many men telling them they are coming, they take the first one that shows up if any do and most never do.The number one reason for money if the guy is overseas is for a medical emergency. Going to college is another highly used reason. "I just have one semester left but I don't have the money."If you're in the Philippines, they switch to "I'll do anything you want, just send me the travel money."I saw one guy that wanted to send the ticket instead of cash but the Filipina claimed she wanted the experience of buying the ticket herself. Give me a freaking break. Even if you do that, you'll need to send travel money, they'll trash the ticket and keep the money.I had someone on FB contact me this week asking about a girl needing surgery. I asked him to give me her yahoo. Took five minutes to get her phone number and I didn't even ask for it. He just wanted to know if she was really where she said she was. It appears she is.Had a friend's girl hitting on me while he was away, it got turned around to my hitting on her. I didn't even try to explain. He probably wouldn't believe me and if he did, the girl would hate my guts. Having a local hacked at you is not a good idea. She ended up pregnant with another man's baby and he was going to marry her anyway. I don't think he will be able too now. But that's another story.He probably wont believe you, I just warn them in general terms because some of the girls you meet online are just fine. If they ask for money or if they hint then 99% of the time, you're not the only one. She might still be a great girl but she'll end up with the first guy that shows up. If I knew a girl was living with someone or married, heck yeah I'd tell him in most cases, again, I can't risk a local having a grudge. That can leave you deported or worse, dead.

No name
Posted
Posted

PS it isn't always about money either. My first encounter was with a pretty Filipina that went after me because I was famous or infamous perhaps on a video chat service. I ran a big video chat server in the network. She is well off, didn't need money she just wanted to know someone she thought was a "bigshot" which was silly to me even then. That was the persona I had though. After six months of her stuff, I found out she was married with a kid. :o No money, just a waste of time.What gets guys into trouble with Filipina is they think this island dream girl is their only shot at a girl like that. They don't realize there are many girls, millions dying to be with him. Once he learns that, he wont fall for another scam.

Travis
Posted
Posted
If you were aware of a foreigner being scammed....ie, met girl on internet, she has live in partner and kids, tells foreigner she single, etc, and takes money from him....would you inform the foreigner?Is this a prevalent occurrence?
yes I would hope someone would tell me
  • Like 1