Retired Or Active Military Living In The Phils

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

If I may I would like to ask how many members we have who are either retired military or active living in the Philippines or intending to or just visit from time to time.th_thanx.gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
If I may I would like to ask how many members we have who are either retired military or active living in the Philippines or intending to or just visit from time to time.th_thanx.gif
According to another forum with military members only that I'm on, there are approximately 3,000 retired military members from different branches of the military and I'm just one of them from the U.S. Air Force with my Filipino wife and we've been here in the Philippines 13 years now! So, including all their families, it roughly comes to about 12,000 military families living now in the Philippines! Some both live in the U.S. and P.I. or just the U.S. and visits the P.I. a few weeks once so often, like some of you civilian folks! I don't know how many active duty military members that are here working in the Philippines, but here's a reference link: http://en.wikipedia....umber_of_troops Which list at 120,000 active duty military in the Philippines! Didn't see what the date was as to how current. Edited by Art2ro

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

It would seem, I think, that this post was maybe aimed at ex forces people from all countries???? I could be wrong but I do believe that there are other countries that could come under the same criteria, not quite sure but is this an EXPAT site or a US site!!!! either way, just thought it would be nice to clear the topic substance before posting anything that may cause an epidemic of abuse towards other countries military/armed forces. Each have their own objectives and final destination/goalsBut Boss man, in answer to your question, I am one such person, not retired from life but retired from the forces yes, striving to make a better life for myself and my wife, so far so good, but for sure a little different!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
It would seem, I think, that this post was maybe aimed at ex forces people from all countries???? I could be wrong but I do believe that there are other countries that could come under the same criteria, not quite sure but is this an EXPAT site or a US site!!!! either way, just thought it would be nice to clear the topic substance before posting anything that may cause an epidemic of abuse towards other countries military/armed forces. Each have their own objectives and final destination/goalsBut Boss man, in answer to your question, I am one such person, not retired from life but retired from the forces yes, striving to make a better life for myself and my wife, so far so good, but for sure a little different!
Yes sir, you are correct and I am sure it was meant for every country since this is not a US only forum, and is fact the OP is not American and he is the owner of this forum, and we happen to have a variety of nationalities even as moderators, so everyone please feel free to post about your service. As far as I am concerned, you all deserve to be recognized for your service to your country and the world. God bless you all.

RetiredNavyGuy
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think my username says it all. And I am here with the intent of staying permanently.

Edited by RetiredNavyGuy

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Geoff.I did not see any reason to elaborate further as the title says Retired or Active Military living in the Philippines. So the question was not aimed at any countries in particular.I doubt if there will be any abuse towards other countries military and it would not be allowed here anyway The subject is a simple question not a debate about war or anything else.Thanks for your reply.

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hi! again, I think I may have been a little deep with my initial statement, sorry for that but for sure both during and after service I have seen and heard so many fools comparing standards etc... anyway, I come from a long line of serving family members and I personally spent my time on submarines, certainly a different way to see the world (or not see it at all most of the time) as with all things good, bad and indifferent times, some times like the movie ground hog day, others totally exhausting and exhilarating at the same time. would I do it all again? Hell Yes!!!Living here in Cebu permanently now as I mentioned and enjoying the more relaxed way of life, even if it can be a little frustrating at times (mainly in the business sense), the good way exceeds the bad and I have to say, the bad has mainly been due to my own actions rather than from others.Deeper For Longer Guy's ;-)