What Do You Feed Your Dog?

Garpo
Posted
Posted

II am going to be getting a Doberman guard dog and was wondering what is the best food for the dog here in the Philippines. I have heard many different types of rice mixtures from different people but still not sure what will be the best.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
II am going to be getting a Doberman guard dog and was wondering what is the best food for the dog here in the Philippines. I have heard many different types of rice mixtures from different people but still not sure what will be the best.
I would think a dog needs more than a rice mixture to be fit and healthy. The supermarkets seemed to have a big variety of dry dog food but dogs also need meat.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
My family had a German Shepard but he died from hart worm. They fed him a mixture of one can of Pedagree band premium dog food and about half a kilo of small fish boiled. I don't know the kind of fish but the breeders or a vet can tell you what to buy. You must keep the dogs shots up to date and is best to find a good vet and follow regular exams. Dogs are not vegetarians and feeding them rice is not going to provide for long term health they need lots of quality protein to be healthy. You must have your dog trained not to take food from anyone but you for obvious reasons. The good news is there are qualified vets and trainers in Philippines. If you are on Cebu I can provide some names. A Doberman can be a good guard dog and family pet too. When I took the Shepard out on walks people freaked out most Filipinos are frighted of large dogs.